Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

750 fly highs for vlx

speedline

i just bought a pair of 750 fly highs, i have an 04 vlx with the factory hard tanks. are this just an easy plug and play swap or do i need to get new fitting and more hose?

you know that thread was an interesting read. When I did my 750s, I had contacted Paul from bakes and his instructions were just to plumb it in. No loops, check valves or antisiphons. Also he said to forget the vent on the bag and just run the drain.

The results: I don't get any auto fill or doesn't drain back through the fill. What I do have is a little trickle out of the drain when the bags are filled completely for surfing. I don't even care about it. :surfing:

I guess what I am saying is just to plumb it in and see how it works. If you have problems, then go ahead and add your anti siphons/check valves or whatever you decide to use.

Edited by Ruffdog
  • 2 weeks later...

just ordered to 750's for mine, have been using a 400 in the corner for surfing can not wait to get a 750 loaded and surf. with the 400 I had a good wake to go ropeless...this should be awesome. ..........Yahoo.gif

I added the 750s to the rear of my vride using the wakemakers.com kit which basically was the bags plus fittings and extra hose. Install for me was pretty smooth. Hardest part was taking out the hard tanks (just cut the hose at the fitting instead of trying to take of) and cutting the old hose of the drain pump fitting. Bags are installed with quick connects so we took them out for winter storage. Drain is at bottom towards bow end of locker with drain pump sitting on floor right next to bag (I prop each drain pump with orange life vest). Fill hose is bow end of bag, above drain fitting. Vent hose at transom end on top. I had to extend both the vent and fill hoses but that was prett simple. PM me if I can help in any way. I may have a couple of photos also from install I will look for. Overall best mod we have done. Makes surf setup easy with no bags on floor etc and gives options for wakeboarding setup.

ok got my 750 all installed , but water is draining out the drain whole when the bag is almost full. it drains on its own until the bag hits around 700 pnds. i know people say they drain out the fill line, but not mine just on the drain line. anyone else had this issue??

I replaced a hard tank last year with 750 bag and I just used the same fittings that I took off the hard tank. I never noticed any water leaking. I am putting in another one this year on the other side and I was just curious what "quick connects" are? Does this make it easier to remove if you want to use it somewhere else on the boat?

Flow-rite products qwik-lok connectors

I replaced a hard tank last year with 750 bag and I just used the same fittings that I took off the hard tank. I never noticed any water leaking. I am putting in another one this year on the other side and I was just curious what "quick connects" are? Does this make it easier to remove if you want to use it somewhere else on the boat?

ok got my 750 all installed , but water is draining out the drain whole when the bag is almost full. it drains on its own until the bag hits around 700 pnds. i know people say they drain out the fill line, but not mine just on the drain line. anyone else had this issue??

Exactly what mine does. Mine is just a trickle and I don't really care much about it.

Exactly what mine does. Mine is just a trickle and I don't really care much about it.

Mine too - at first we just stuck a wine cork in it - later I added an inline ball valve but it doesn't do it all the time so only deploy the valve when it does

• 3 weeks later...

well this is what i was looking at geting 2010 vride

Fat Sac Wakesurf Ballast System

Malibu PiggyBack 750 Wakesurf Ballast System

Our Price: $209.95

Add an additional 750lbs. of ballast to your Malibu wakeboard boat's factory ballast system with our exclusive PiggyBack 750 Wakesurf System. Learn More

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-packages

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind that the problems you encounter replacing your rear tanks will vary depending on which bags you use. Bigger bags (like the new Jumbo V-Drive Surf Sac) will lose more water to draining through the vent or drain connection than a bag that is not as tall.

edo- Your vRide uses a different factory ballast setup than what we're discussing here, so our Piggyback solution would be the correct setup for your boat. If you have any questions about it, feel free to contact us.