Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

morse throttle

I have a 06 I-Ride with perfect pass and morse throttle and was wandering if anybody has issues with the throttle backing off. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hombre

Hey Hombre, great name by the way :thumbup: can you give a little more information? Does your throttle back off when you let go of the Morse control or when the cruise is engaged, etc. :dontknow:

You have to keep pressure on the throttle all the time like a foot pedal. I have had all types of boats before and this is my first ski/wakeboard boat. I was just wandering if there was anyway to tighten up the controls to where I didn't have to hold pressure on the throttle the whole time. I took the throttle assembly out to see if there where any cable that I might be able to tighten and found that the throttle linkage is hooked up to electronic sensor I guess. Thinking that it is tied in with the perfectpass.

Had to get mine replaced at about 350 hours and 2 years old for same problem. warranty covered mine, sorry yours will not be covered. Now have 650 hours and so far still holds on speed. Have not heard of a lot of throttles doing this though.

Anyone have a problem with it speeding up while wake surfing? Seems like it starts to go faster and this is on a 2010 247 :(

You have to keep pressure on the throttle all the time like a foot pedal. I have had all types of boats before and this is my first ski/wakeboard boat. I was just wandering if there was anyway to tighten up the controls to where I didn't have to hold pressure on the throttle the whole time. I took the throttle assembly out to see if there where any cable that I might be able to tighten and found that the throttle linkage is hooked up to electronic sensor I guess. Thinking that it is tied in with the perfectpass.

So are you asking if it's normal or are you trying to modify it? There might be a return spring that you could..."adjust".

Just ckecking to see if anybody knew if there was some way to make it where you don't have to keep your hand on the throttle the whole time while under power. It will not keep any speed at all unless you hold the throttle down. I'm just trying to find out if I can adjust so mething or if I just need to buy another controller

Just ckecking to see if anybody knew if there was some way to make it where you don't have to keep your hand on the throttle the whole time while under power. It will not keep any speed at all unless you hold the throttle down. I'm just trying to find out if I can adjust so mething or if I just need to buy another controller

I'm not sure what the problem is but it sounds like something is wrong.

On my boat. I can push the throttle down to any speed and let go of it and it will literally hold the speed without even using the perfect pass. Also, I can let go of my steering wheel and it will drive straight. My darn boat practically drives itself. :crazy::)

I have a similar problem. Mine only backs off in heavier chop & it backs off much more slowly when PP is engaged. As far as I've been able to find (asked dealer & digging through the Morse docs), there is no adjustment to make it more firm.

The dealer recommend a $10 cable brake, but PP recommends against them, so I have just lived with it. I typically drive with one hand on throttle & one on wheel, but it is a little annoying.

Looks like they're about $220 to replace.

I have a similar problem. Mine only backs off in heavier chop & it backs off much more slowly when PP is engaged. As far as I've been able to find (asked dealer & digging through the Morse docs), there is no adjustment to make it more firm.

The dealer recommend a $10 cable brake, but PP recommends against them, so I have just lived with it. I typically drive with one hand on throttle & one on wheel, but it is a little annoying.

Looks like they're about $220 to replace.

Cable brake won't work on 06 and above Fly By Wire throttles, no cable to brake. There are no tension adjustments built in to the new controls. Should be. Mine would slowly creep back to slower speed if hand was not held on throttle handle. At idle speed, that is normal but at cruise speeds it should stay. If I had the Malibu speed control on at a set speed, it would work until the handle would slowly back off enough to where the electronic speed control would shut down by itself. Like you pulled back on the throttle and knocked it out of the control zone. The boat would then suddenly slow without you or your rider expecting it. Not a good feeling for either of you. If the speed control was not set and I was cruising across the lake and hit a larger wake, some times the weight of the handle alone would cause it to get pushed all the way forward. That would cause the boat to speed up at full throttle unexpectedly leaving you pinned to the back of your seat grabbing forward to pull back on the floor boarded handle. Another unexpected and uneasy feeling.

Sorry for the long post but hope it explained the situation I had.

I'm not sure what the problem is but it sounds like something is wrong.

On my boat. I can push the throttle down to any speed and let go of it and it will literally hold the speed without even using the perfect pass. Also, I can let go of my steering wheel and it will drive straight. My darn boat practically drives itself. :crazy::)

you cannot let go of the throttle or it will go straight to idle speed

Is yours drive-by-wire? That might be why you have issues. My cousin's '08 is drive by wire and I cannot stand it personally.

I also have a 2006 iRide. The way you are describing it is not the way it should work. When I'm idling (lets say 10 MPH or less) I have a hard time getting it to hold the speed, it jumps back to a slower idle, but not neutral (roughly 5 MPH). Once I get above the 10 MPH threshold, I don't have a problem keeping speed and even in rough water (like back over my own wake) the throttle stays put.

I'd see if the dealer could take a look and adjust it. I thought I read that it could be tightened up, but I don't remember if the was for a drive by wire throttle (which you have) or an "older" style.