Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is the crossover on the VTX w/OJ475?

TexVTX

Just picked up my new VTX last week. Had question for the VTXers on how the crossover is affected if you changed stock prop for the OJ 475? Stock prop just seems to pull to many R's. How is it out of the hole? Does it affect any other boarding(surf or wb)? Thanks Jerry

Just picked up my new VTX last week. Had question for the VTXers on how the crossover is affected if you changed stock prop for the OJ 475? Stock prop just seems to pull to many R's. How is it out of the hole? Does it affect any other boarding(surf or wb)? Thanks Jerry

It'll depend if you got the wake or diamond hull....

It may not be faster out of the hole, but it will be torqueier (e.g. you won't lose as much holeshot when you start to add some weight) when loaded but you will lose some top end RPM and top speed, but not enought to really matter. You will still get 40+ top speed.

I run a 468 it will hit the rev limiter if you run it wide open. Mine will only do around 38 to 40 mph but if your worried about top speed you bought the WRONG boat :rockon:

If your stock prop is a 537 then I believe the 475 will carry more rpms through all speeds { correct me if I am wrong } you said your getting to many R's now , you will need to decide if your going to board or ski , if your more surf/board 475 will probably be better , if you ski more 537 will probably be better .

but if your stock prop is not a 537 then ignore this hole post .