Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need favor from crew member in south DC area

msuwaterski

Hey Crew,

I just put an offer that was accepted on a Malibu in the south DC area. I have talked with the guy for hours via email and phone and have several pictures. I do not question the legitamacy of the boat or guy. That said, I'd rather be safe than sorry. So before I make the 11 hour drive I was hoping someone might be able to swing by and take her for a spin and provide me with some feedback (its kept in a boat house on the water so it shouldn't take too long)?

The boat is a 2001 SSLxi and is kept at Lake Anna, VA. Pictures of her are here. If you are available please PM me so I can coordinate times with the owner.

Thanks in advance for all the help crew, you all rock!

Jeff

I just returned from Lake Anna. I wish I had seen this sooner!

Do you plan to go back anytime in the next month? I am not picking up the boat until June so there is no real hurry.

I might be able to get down there sometime in the next few weeks. Give me a call.

Todd

951-551-3859

Thanks Todd. I'll be giving you a call.

Thanks Todd. I'll be giving you a call.

I got your message but have been working. I'll give you a call on Saturday if that works for you and we can get a plan going.

Todd

Do you plan to go back anytime in the next month? I am not picking up the boat until June so there is no real hurry.

I am boatless at the moment, so I will not be headed to Anna until the new boat drops in mid May. If you still need to get that boat checked out the last week in May, let me know. I would be happy to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to revisit this to see if anyone is going to Lake Anna this weekend? I am still hoping to get a set of eyes on her before I go to pick it up. If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks, Jeff

I'm putting out an APB, calling all cars. Can anyone help?? The owner is going to be at Lake Anna all weekend. If anyone is going to be out there please let me know.

Thanks, Jeff

I'm putting out an APB, calling all cars. Can anyone help?? The owner is going to be at Lake Anna all weekend. If anyone is going to be out there please let me know.

Thanks, Jeff

ROAD TRIP! C'mon Jeff, Lake Anna can't be that far from AA. You could be there and back by Sunday afternoon!

ROAD TRIP! C'mon Jeff, Lake Anna can't be that far from AA. You could be there and back by Sunday afternoon!

Oh the road trip is alread planned. 4 day, 2 buddies, and 2 different lakes starting June 11th. I was just hoping to get someone out to see her BEFORE I drive 12 hours.