Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower for 2003 Sunsetter Lxi

LS1boarder

Ok, so I think I'm finally going to do it this year. I would like to put a tower on my 2003 Sunsetter Lxi. I think I would like to go with the Titan 2 tower. What do you think? I'm also wondering if there is a good place to buy these towers, my dealership wants $1700.

Thanks!!

The Titan II is a great choice, good looking lines, solid tower. I am also a big fan of the new Titan III which if I was buying brand new I would probably go with. Either way you can't lose.

As far as a good place to buy one, I can not help you. Good luck!

I put the Titan on my Sunsetter a few years ago and have been real happy with it. I was debating between the chrome or black finish. I went with black because that’s the color of my windshield trim. The chrome would have clashed.

Ok, so I think I'm finally going to do it this year. I would like to put a tower on my 2003 Sunsetter Lxi. I think I would like to go with the Titan 2 tower. What do you think? I'm also wondering if there is a good place to buy these towers, my dealership wants $1700.

Thanks!!

I have a Titan 2 tower I ordered last year but never installed for my 2004 SS LXI. I think we have decided not to use it, but need to check with wife since shes the one that wanted it. PM me with your e-mail address if your interested and i will check see if my wife still wants it.

I put a polished Titan II on my 01 Sunsetter a few years ago. It's been a great tower & I've never regretted the decision. I think that's about what I paid for it then + 4 hours labor for install.

Pic(s) available if you'd like.

Oh yeah....Titan III. Find some pictures of that one.

onlyinboards is at 1600 for the Titan II, so your dealer is right on time. Don't know about shipping, but if you get it through the dealer at least you have somewhere to go if any issues were to arise. Not likely to, but keep the local guys happy anyway!

What about that Extreme tower they were putting on the Response, would that fit? That thing looked absolutely perfect, with the lines matching the windshield and everything.

What about that Extreme tower they were putting on the Response, would that fit? That thing looked absolutely perfect, with the lines matching the windshield and everything.

I have no idea if it will fit a Sunsetter, but it's by far my favorite looking tower, with the Titan III up there, as well.

Pic from the 2010 thread at Candlewood East:

Edit: someone recently posted a price for this one that is dead on where you're at.

post-12034-127231776552_thumb.jpg

Edited by jk13

Thank you all for your replies!! Does anybody have the number or website for StarOne? I'm going to check to see if I can get my hands on a Titan III, not likely, but worth a try.

That Extreme tower is sweet! I think the Response has a narrower beam width though, doesn't it?

The Extreme's are nice but they are aluminum. Extream is owned by Monster and I think Monster only makes that tower for the response.

I had a Titan I on the Sunsetter and now a Titan III on the VTX. You cannot beat the strength, light weight and durability of the Titan's. Titan's are stainless steel not aluminum!

b2.jpg

DSC_8405.JPG

Edited by CTSunsetter

I know of a titan 3 that is available but they will not ship it! The price is more than right $500 bucks. if your interested in traveling let me know I can put you 2 together.

I'm definitely interested! Is it polished? Where is it located? Is it the right size for my boat, do you know? Thanks!!

Thanks!!

I just bought a Titan series III [last of it's kind] from Star One Wake. They are awesmome. They design and make series I and II with incredible racks. Titan as owned by Star One investments and is now called Star One Wake. They have also opened another company called Menace Water Sports and their stuff is really great. Call Luke Henry (916) 858-1178.

The tower is located in the seattle area. I will check on polished or black. I think its polished. I`ll check! The issue is shipping. It is very expensive. pm me your email address. Thanks

The Extreme's are nice but they are aluminum. Extream is owned by Monster and I think Monster only makes that tower for the response.

I had a Titan I on the Sunsetter and now a Titan III on the VTX. You cannot beat the strength, light weight and durability of the Titan's. Titan's are stainless steel not aluminum!

b2.jpg

DSC_8405.JPG

That SSlx looks exactly like my boat, same color and probably same year but I have a titan 3 on it

The tower is located in the seattle area. I will check on polished or black. I think its polished. I`ll check! The issue is shipping. It is very expensive. pm me your email address. Thanks

PM Sent, thanks again!!

Thanks!!

you can call them direct at 916-858-1178. luke

DSC_8405.JPG

CT, I gotta say that is one beautiful ride you have there. I love the color, and that tower is really sweet! :rockon:

I'm kinda bummed that they aren't making that tower anymore. To me it just looks so much better than either the I or II. Wish I had picked one up before it was discontinued. :(

Thanks all for the compliments on our VTX. It was a lucky find and I love the uniqueness of the Titan and the color pattern! FWIW, buying a dealer stock boat saved a lot of arguments with Mrs. CT. :-)