Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

An interesting Evening

Ndawg12

Yeah,

I'm surprised Nate is having to call these 3 families.

Seems like maybe there's not a whole lot the law can do?

Plus, I asked Nate why his insurance isn't handling all the damages.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• areamike

• travlnmannn

• Michigan boarder

Yeah,

Ya what if Nate was more like you and went off on a search and destroy :lol:

Yeah,

The police all ready met with each family and explained the situation. The police told them that it was up to me to either press charges or seek restitution out of court and the whole thing will be dropped. The police felt confident that each family would pay up. So they gave me all their contact information. Would the police in you guy's areas actually collected the money and everything for you? That would've been nice. But if I'm not happy with the dealings of any family then I just need to make 1 phone call back to the police to press charges. The police and I have both watched the 1/2 hour video of the crime and they positively identified each kid, and they've all confessed to being there, should be an open and shut case should we need to go to court.

As for insurance, why would I want to pay a $500 deductible to get a couple grand back and possibly have my rates go up when I might be able to have these 3 families pay for it? It's not only the money, it was kinda cool when I talked to one of the kids yesterday, I felt like I may have scared the $hit out of him and taught him a lesson. I can always still file a claim as a last resort.

That's the same as what happened to me and my mailbox situation, except the police left it up to the kid that did the damage to come to me. That didn't happen, so I'm out $40 for a new mailbox. I don't have his contact info, although I'm pretty sure which house he's in around the corner. If it was a greater amount I'd pursue it, but I really don't care at this point. The mailbox he destroyed has been at this house for 20 years and was already damaged anyway. I just cut off the 4x4 with a circular saw right where it stands and slid one of those new plastic one piece units over it. Took about 5 minutes.

Glad to see that you will be getting settled on this, hopefully the third family will step up, as well.

"And when some local kid gets down

they try an' drum him outta town

they say "Ya coulda' least faked it boy", fake it boy

At an early age he hits the street

winds up tired with who he meets

and he's unemployed (unemployed?) Ow!"

Have you seen junior's grades?

I really hope they make right on it. Apologies are a great start, hope they follow thru.

Edit: Insert cool karate kick here

Edited by Michigan boarder

Received my first payment yesterday, still a long way to go but it's a good start!

Great! Now put that money into an investment account to cover things your kids may end up doing....ROFL.gif

Received my first payment yesterday, still a long way to go but it's a good start!

Like you've said before it's not about the money but I'm glad to hear you got something. It's a good start. Unfortunately the kids will learn nothing from this. I look back in my past and I wanna start going back and telling people I'm sorry like Adam Sandler in "Billy Madison"... :rofl: