Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

An interesting Evening

Ndawg12

Or I could move out in the country where I could park my boat on my own property and sit on the porch with a shotgun!!

Yea, I hear all of that. My own property is such that I may or may not be able to put a shop in at some point. I'm going to have to get county permits at the very least, and jump thru HOA hoops at the very worst. Meanwhile the boat sits inside, locked up, when it's the off season.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• areamike

• travlnmannn

• wakeboy

Sorry to hear about your BU. Sounds like shes going to be ok. I've been robbed before on my car and it just doesn't feel good. Feel so violated. I hate to say it but there should be some restitution by the parents. If they just get a slap on the wrist what will they have learned. Fine the parents which in turn makes them kick the kids a** ;-) like I used to get. I learned so well I"m an angel now :innocent::whistle: Maybe with the insurance involved you pick up a few needed things for the boat? :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your BU. Sounds like shes going to be ok. I've been robbed before on my car and it just doesn't feel good. Feel so violated. I hate to say it but there should be some restitution by the parents. If they just get a slap on the wrist what will they have learned. Fine the parents which in turn makes them kick the kids a** ;-) like I used to get. I learned so well I"m an angel now :innocent::whistle: Maybe with the insurance involved you pick up a few needed things for the boat? :biggrin:

And when you see it on video it makes your blood boil!!!

When I got in trouble there were different levels of punishment followed by grounding of course. Tighty whitey's up or down. Bare hand, spatula, or the belt. If you got the belt on the bare a$$ you know you were in trouble!! Parent's would probably end up in jail these days.

Yea, I hear all of that. My own property is such that I may or may not be able to put a shop in at some point. I'm going to have to get county permits at the very least, and jump thru HOA hoops at the very worst. Meanwhile the boat sits inside, locked up, when it's the off season.

The county permits are non-discretionary, your HOA OTOH is a totally different animal.

.... your HOA OTOH is a totally different animal.

Man, thats the truth. I've managed to really get under some people's skin recently. It's a long story but suffice it to say that there are new owners taking over & the rules are changin.

I'd let the cops handle it if I were you. If they know who you are or where your boat is, it may not be so happy an ending NEXT time....

If your not willing (or $$ able) to step up to indoor storage I would move the boat to a different outside storage facility. Depending on the attitudes of the little dirtbags they may want to retaliate for the punishment they receive.

Ya but its still hard to shoot those 12 or 13 year old whippersnappers.

They are smaller and quicker. :yes: Practice on jack-rabbits? :biggrin:

Not really...you just have to lead them a little more! J/K

:lol::thumbup:

If your not willing (or $$ able) to step up to indoor storage I would move the boat to a different outside storage facility. Depending on the attitudes of the little dirtbags they may want to retaliate for the punishment they receive.

They are smaller and quicker. :yes: Practice on jack-rabbits? :biggrin:

:lol::thumbup:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You guys are bad!!!!!

I talked with the officers, they said all the storage units in the area are getting it, even the indoor units. People are driving right through electronic gates, wearing masks, it's crazy!!

I talked with the officers, they said all the storage units in the area are getting it, even the indoor units. People are driving right through electronic gates, wearing masks, it's crazy!!

WOW!! No way to make it fit in your garage? Mine is a 10 year old Sportster and I couldn't imagine leaving it out in that situation. :no:

WOW!! No way to make it fit in your garage? Mine is a 10 year old Sportster and I couldn't imagine leaving it out in that situation. :no:

Oh don't get star.....no, I can't fit it in my fricken garage because I was stupid enough to buy a cookie cutter house in an uptight neighborhood with HOA nazi's. I have 2 garage doors instead of a single wide one. My garage is 20x20, or in other words, worthless, basically a large closet that's not heated. I have a small bench, some shelves, lawn equipment, a fridge and a Saturn in there. I've even had to build and hang shelving in strategic places from the ceiling after I got the boat to store all the shhtuff.

So I would if I could but I can't. Rant off.

They should make the little punks stand on a busy street corner wearing sandwich boards that read "I am a thief, I stole from a 2 year old!" as part of their punishment.

They should make the little punks stand on a busy street corner wearing sandwich boards that read "I am a thief, I stole from a 2 year old!" as part of their punishment.

Nice. :plus1:

I have such a bad perception of NC now !!!! Always just pictured a bunch of good people with a southern drawl. At least your city isn't at the top of the list for murders like my hometown :(

Edited by travlnmannn
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: They caught these kids. 6,8, and 9 years old. Parents seem eager to get this resolved. I have to make phone calls this evening to ask for my money from 3 different families.

It's nice to be on this side of the law :whistle:

Update: They caught these kids. 6,8, and 9 years old. Parents seem eager to get this resolved. I have to make phone calls this evening to ask for my money from 3 different families.

It's nice to be on this side of the law :whistle:

6, 8 and 9? What the hell kind of parents are we talking about here? One's that are not very good parents apparently. Sheesh!

WTH are a 6,8, and 9 year old from three different families hanging out together for anyway, much less unsupervised. Unbelievable.

There should be a test before becoming a parent: "Sorry, you're too stupid/lazy/ignorant to breed." :crazy:

By the way, maybe don't take that tone right away while you're trying to get money out of them. :whistle:

WTH are a 6,8, and 9 year old from three different families hanging out together for anyway, much less unsupervised. Unbelievable.

There should be a test before becoming a parent: "Sorry, you're too stupid/lazy/ignorant to breed." :crazy:

By the way, maybe don't take that tone right away while you're trying to get money out of them. :whistle:

:plus1:

:plus1:

Yeah, I haven't prepared my presentation quite yet. I certainly would be entitled to ask for alot more but even $400 per family is probably not going to sit well with these families that live in low income apartments and might even be single parents. I'm kinda starting to feel bad now...

Edited by Ndawg12

Yeah, I haven't prepared my presentation quite yet. I certainly would be entitled to ask for alot more but even $400 per family is probably not going to sit well with these families that live in low income apartments and might even be single parents. I'm kinda starting to feel bad now...

I would not feel bad at all. Maybe I'm just cold hearted :whistle:

These kids obviously are not being taught responsibility. Maybe this is a good chance for them to get a big dose of it. To be honest, if it were me and the parents balked on paying, then I would call the cops and ask to press charges and send these rascals to juvenile detention for a while. Last time I checked, if you touch a hot stove, you get burned.

Edited by areamike

I would not feel bad at all. Maybe I'm just cold hearted :whistle:

These kids obviously are not being taught responsibility. Maybe this is a good chance for them to get a big dose of it. To be honest, if it were me and the parents balked on paying, then I would call the cops and ask to press charges and send these rascals to juvenile detention for a while. Last time I checked, if you touch a hot stove, you get burned.

I was initially on fire, but have cooled off some. I never stole or destroyed someone's property but I did make my share of mistakes when I was younger, luckily my parents didn't have to pay for it. The cops told me to stay in touch with them and that I could press charges if restitution wasn't satisfactorily resolved.

I was initially on fire, but have cooled off some. I never stole or destroyed someone's property but I did make my share of mistakes when I was younger, luckily my parents didn't have to pay for it. The cops told me to stay in touch with them and that I could press charges if restitution wasn't satisfactorily resolved.

Yeah. Being cooled down before confrontation is best.

One thing to consider. If the parents balk at all with the "well you have to understand my situation, I'm a single parent blah blah blah". Just reverse that and say.."Well you have to also understand MY situation. Your child STOLE from me" then lead into the whole juvenile charges scenario with them if necessary.

i.e. "I'll do you a big favor since your being a single parent is sooo tough. I'll press charges and have your child sent to juvenile detention and then it won't be so tough on you."

Again, I guess I am cold-hearted, but I was a single parent for almost 2 years to 2 kids. I have a hard time accepting 'excuses' from people in these types of situations.

Edited by areamike

THIS is why kids shouldn't be home alone. Agree they need to be taught a lesson, but if they're already doing this stuff at that age, gotta wonder whether it's going to be a lesson that will ever be learned.

If you get resistance, perhaps instill this technique along with your others:

"Your child/children not only stole from me but, more importantly, they stole from my family: my kids, my wife. How would you feel if someone stole from your kids, your spouse? Why is it acceptable behavior for your kids to inflict anguish on my family?" Perhaps attempting to put them in your shoes might help.

If not, then lay on this: "Ok, I see we aren't coming to an amicable resolution to this serious issue. Therefore, I'll let law enforcement, the Judge, and Juvenile Hall resolve it for me...along with recouping all the legal fees that I will incur getting my $ back from you...which I WILL."

Don't let anything slide. Would you let your kids act like this: I doubt it. Wrong-doers thrive on our society's apathy and tolerance.