Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

An interesting Evening

Ndawg12

My wife, son, and I head to the new dealership for their customer appreciation party. We stop off at the storage facility to grab my old gauge out of the boat which I'm getting a warranty exchange on. We pull up to the gate and it's open, that gave me a weird feeling, so I say let's hurry up and catch whoever is breaking into our boat :biggrin: ...:unsure:. We drive to the back of the lot and down the hill to our boat, sure enough there's three dudes standing at the transom of my boat looking surprised to see me as they slowly move away. My cover is half off my boat and I'm on fire, I barely got the truck in park, hop out ready to roll, there could have been 50 of them, it didn't matter. But before I could show my a$$ the older guy tells me he has called the cops. He had just pulled his work truck and trailer in and found about 5 boats with their covers pulled off and all kinds of boating equipment strewn across the lot.

The edges of both my wakeboards were chipped up pretty badly as well as scratches all over the bottom. I assume someone spooked them and they couldn't run with them so they dropped them in the stones. Here's the kicker, if these guys get caught I will fight for the death penalty, why? Because they cut the surrounding rope of my Evolution cover :blush: , right next to the release buckle, fukkin idiots!! They didn't touch any of my stereo equipment..?? No damage to the boat except for it got rained on, uncovered, for about an hour, which has never ocurred since I've owned it :mad:

So we filled out a police report, the guy saw some kids in there the other day and thinks he knows where they live, police are going to contact the owner to view surveilance tapes, so we'll see what comes of it.

So we head to the party 2.5 hours late, it basically got rained out anyways, talked with the president, got my gauge and some other stuff I had ordered, sat in a 2010 VLX (sweet but the glove box is a strange flimsy design), took a bunch of pics of everything, but now I can't find my frickin camera!! I'm going to bed, thanks for listening.

Nate

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• areamike

• travlnmannn

• Michigan boarder

Damn dude sorry to hear about this. Good news is you just have to pack up your cover and send it to Cory, he'll take care of you. Code Blue Crewmember needs some help!!!!!!!! Let me know if you need some help expediting the process.

Aww Man...That sucks. I give you credit for not jumping out of the truck swinging! Same sort of thing happend to me at a place I used to store my Jet Ski's. Pull up, door open, lock cut up and three kids bolt out and take off on foot...they hadnt taken anything yet, but one of the little maggots dropped his cell phone in the heat of their escape.... Turns out I knew his Dad too...the kid had no idea they were my ski's... I'd be willing to bet the boy still isnt all the way healed up after his pop got that call.

Hopefully insurance takes care of all of your mess.

Yeah, I need to check my policy.

I feel your pain, brother... I lost 2500 worth of stereo out of my truck in the driveway a month ago.... :cry:

I remember your story, I'm now extra conscience about locking our vehicles at night!

Damn dude sorry to hear about this. Good news is you just have to pack up your cover and send it to Cory, he'll take care of you. Code Blue Crewmember needs some help!!!!!!!! Let me know if you need some help expediting the process.

Thanks for the offer but it's all ready fixed. They literally cut it an inch to the left of the release buckle. I just untied it and tied it back up. The officer did ask me what it was worth and put it in his report.

Glad that all-in-all, it's not too bad an event. There's always going to be someone who will do 10's of thousands in damage to satisfy an immediate need or impulsive desire. Nothing we can do to change that fact. Just glad it's not too bad, and that you paused to listen to the guy on the back of your boat before you took him out! :biggrin::innocent:

Watched some video with the property owner and a couple officers today. 3 kids around 12 years old did it. They haven't located them quite yet but they think they know who they are. We'll see, not sure how proceed with young kids, I guess my lawn will need mowed 2 twice a week all summer :biggrin:

Edit-MartinArcher and I worked out a deal where he bought me an RC boat for my son to play with out on the lake in exchange for an old nitro boat I had. They stole my son's boat!!

Edit2-I found my camera, wife had it, I think she was checking to make sure I wasn't taking pictures of the energy drink girls at the party :biggrin:

Edited by Ndawg12

I hate thieves! You should get the firing squad for messing with another mans boat :guns:

I agree, obviously from my harsh language in my OP. But when I found out it was just 3 kids, younger than 12, I had to take a step back. I remember an incident like that when I was young (8), not theft or damage to personal property but I got in similar trouble. Cops took us, but had our parents discipline us. Not sure what my options will be or how I will proceed...??

I agree, obviously from my harsh language in my OP. But when I found out it was just 3 kids, younger than 12, I had to take a step back. I remember an incident like that when I was young (8), not theft or damage to personal property but I got in similar trouble. Cops took us, but had our parents discipline us. Not sure what my options will be or how I will proceed...??

Take them tubing! And tell them you will let them know when they can get back into the boat.

I know I was a vindictive 'lil puke when I was a kid... I'd let the cops handle it if I were you.

If they know who you are or where your boat is, it may not be so happy an ending NEXT time.... :blowup: ....

Bummin.... Hope you can get it worked out, Nate.

So I assume your using outdoor storage? Might be time to step up to indoor. The difference in price might be worth the sleep you gain.

Bummin.... Hope you can get it worked out, Nate.

So I assume your using outdoor storage? Might be time to step up to indoor. The difference in price might be worth the sleep you gain.

Or I could move out in the country where I could park my boat on my own property and sit on the porch with a shotgun!!

Sorry you had your 'Bu violated, but glad that there wasn't any serious damage. Hopefully they will catch the little dudes and that they will learn from this. One can always hope.

Or I could move out in the country where I could park my boat on my own property and sit on the porch with a shotgun!!

Just don't hit the Bu with the scatter!!

Ya but its still hard to shoot those 12 or 13 year old whippersnappers. Crazy.gif

Think "A-Team" Crazy.gif

While I'd let the cops deal w/ them I'd certainly want to make sure the kids suffered for thier actions community service or something other than you did a bad thing don't do it again. Though a good parent would/should deal w/ it after being informed by police.

I think restitution is in order form the kids and there parents. A new cover, new boards (bindings as well) and a new boat for your kid. Make sure they know it was a 2 year olds kids boat. Can't shoot them and locking them up for a first offence is not the answer either. We really don't want them getting into Carerr Criminal College.

Good luck. Juvy judge will probably order public service and restitution.

Think "A-Team" Crazy.gif

While I'd let the cops deal w/ them I'd certainly want to make sure the kids suffered for thier actions community service or something other than you did a bad thing don't do it again. Though a good parent would/should deal w/ it after being informed by police.

I think restitution is in order form the kids and there parents. A new cover, new boards (bindings as well) and a new boat for your kid. Make sure they know it was a 2 year olds kids boat. Can't shoot them and locking them up for a first offence is not the answer either. We really don't want them getting into Carerr Criminal College.

Good luck. Juvy judge will probably order public service and restitution.

I would be fine with all that. I will just want to know how they plan to pay me back. Are the parents just going to give me money and take care of the discipline themselves or will they be ordered to do city work at least until the debt has been satisfied... I guess the judge will decide. I just don't want them stealing from someone else to pay me back!!