Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which boat would you buy??

msuwaterski

Hey crew I just wanted to throw this out there and get some opinions. We are in the process of deciding between two boats and could use a little help making our decision. The drive to pick up either boat is about the same. I know some of you will mention that the first boat has a much nicer trailer, but I only use the trailer twice a year to put it in/out of the water. The heater is something we would use a lot, the shower not so much.The information and links to pictures are below. Let me know what you think.

Boat 1 - 2001 SSLxi with 570 hours, tower w/ racks, factory installed hard tank ballast, wedge, heater, shower, custom cover, tandem trailer with surge brakes and spare tire. $21900

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/msuwaterski/SSLxi%201/?albumview=slideshow

Boat 2 - 2001 SSLxi with 181 hours, tower w/ racks, aftermarket installed fat sack ballast, wedge, and custom stereo. $19000

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/msuwaterski/SSLxi%202/?albumview=slideshow

Edited by msuwaterski

Hey crew I just wanted to throw this out there and get some opinions. We are in the process of deciding between two boats and could use a little help making our decision. The drive to pick up either boat is about the same. I know some of you will mention that the first boat has a much nicer trailer, but I only use the trailer twice a year to put it in/out of the water. The heater is something we would use a lot, the shower not so much.The information and links to pictures are below. Let me know what you think.

Boat 1 - 2001 SSLxi with 570 hours, tower w/ racks, factory installed hard tank ballast, wedge, heater, shower, custom cover, tandem trailer with surge brakes and spare tire. $21900

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/msuwaterski/SSLxi%201/?albumview=slideshow

Boat 2 - 2001 SSLxi with 181 hours, tower w/ racks, aftermarket installed fat sack ballast, wedge, and custom stereo. $19000

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/msuwaterski/SSLxi%202/?albumview=slideshow

Boat #2, I assume it does have a trailer...is that only area where the interior needs attention, where that one seam is splitting?

3k less, titan tower with bimini, 400 less hours, not a fan of the snap on cover on #1. I think you could add a heater for 3-400. Assuming it was properly maintained, #2 gets my vote.

The prices should be reversed imho. I'd get boat #2 you get less hours, and for the difference you'll be able to install a heater and a more up to date cruise control, less miles on the trailer, hands down better tower. Though the trailered boat is very well maintained as well but has only one board rack.

I'd vote for boat #2.

Lower hours, lower price, Titan tower vs tuna tower. Looks like one of the seat seams is starting to wear, but not too bad.

We use the ski locker, so the hard tank would be a negative for us. I also prefer the colors...

You can add a heater for much less that the price differential between the boats.

We just put in an offer on boat #2 and it was accepted. YAAYYYY!!!! :yahoo:

Now I just need someone to test drive it for me. You'll be seeing that new topic in a minute.

Edited by msuwaterski

We just put in an offer on boat #2 and it was accepted. YAAYYYY!!!! :yahoo:

Now I just need someone to test drive it for me. You'll be seeing that new topic in a minute.

Oh holy buckets that AWESOME!!!

Sweet congrats! Now the dreaded waiting....

We need some warmer weather here in Michigan anyways. You can always mow your lawn every day for the next month!

Congrats! Where do you do your boating around Ann Arbor?

We need some warmer weather here in Michigan anyways. You can always mow your lawn every day for the next month!

Congrats! Where do you do your boating around Ann Arbor?

I live on Ford Lake, so I do all of my boating in my back yard. Where are you?

I live on Ford Lake, so I do all of my boating in my back yard. Where are you?

My cottage was out in Brooklyn on Vineyard Lake. Now we are trying to buy on Lake Sherwood, up by Milford.

A work buddy lives on Belleville Lake, but I haven't made it to his place yet.