Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you organize your boat?

ds53652

Previous boat was a 22.5' I/O. New boat is a 2010 23' LSV. I've noticed there is a LOT less storage in the new boat, compared to the old I/O.....especially with any additional ballast bags. I'm curious how you guys are organizing your boats. No since in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Where do you store your life jackets/vests? Ropes? Mainlines? Towels? Cooler(s)? Food? Small tool box? Trash? Etc, etc?

TIA.....ds

Under bow cushions is docking line, anchors, and bumpers.

Tools, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, under observer seat.

Towels, snacks, coozies, under port long seat.

Tow ropes and such under corner port seat.

Life jackets and kids toys(sand toys, RC boat, floaties, etc) and ballast sacs in rear lockers.

Trash goes in a bag which is tied to the windshield brace.

Cooler fits behind drivers seat.

My wife packs like we're going to be stranded on an island for a month. She makes sure our son will have plenty to eat and play with :crazy: You'll find room for everything.

Almost the same here.

All docking, mooring, anchoring, bumpers under bow seats / in bow cubby holes.

All gear that has to stay dry in observer cubby.

First aid, fire suppression, misc. spare parts and tools under observer seat.

Towels and food, under observer side bench seat.

Tube and tow ropes under driver side small seat.

All shoes in stand up cargo net built into area behind driver's seat.

All vests on floor behind driver seat.

All wakeboards and sky ski on tower.

Everything else in the trunks. This includes two full size coolers full of beer for ballast, floaty toys, and full size kitchen trash can.

I also have a 23LSV and I am amazed on how much storage it has! I'm surprised to hear anyone say it doesn't seem like enough. I remember one trip looking at all of the stuff we were loading into it, kids skis,wakeboards,surfboard, ez up, bbq, 3 ice chests, and the list goes on & on. We were able to store everything so none of the floor space was even used. You couldn't tell by riding in the boat that we had crammed it full of stuff & it was all hidden.

Coming from a 21' ultra which really has no storage at all I guess that could be why I think this boat has a lot.

The ultras and similar boats are a joke for storage space and I can honestly say I will never ever go back to that type of boat.

Spare tow ropes, wakeboard racks, disco ball, several orange keyhole PFDs, a fluke anchor, chain, anchor line & a Sandspike under bow seats.

All gear that has to stay dry, towels, fire extinguisher, batteries and stereo amps in observer cubby.

All docking, mooring, SkySki training wheels, & two heater blankets under long passenger side seats.

Food, & soft cooler under seats behind driver.

Shoes, spare oil, & jumper cables under rear passenger side corner seat.

Rear compartments are full of vests, wetsuits, gloves, helmets, 4 big bumpers, a football, & a frisbee.

It's a helluva big pile when it's out of the boat. :crazy:

Spare tow ropes, wakeboard racks, disco ball, several orange keyhole PFDs, a fluke anchor, chain, anchor line & a Sandspike under bow seats.

All gear that has to stay dry, towels, fire extinguisher, batteries and stereo amps in observer cubby.

All docking, mooring, SkySki training wheels, & two heater blankets under long passenger side seats.

Food, & soft cooler under seats behind driver.

Shoes, spare oil, & jumper cables under rear passenger side corner seat.

Rear compartments are full of vests, wetsuits, gloves, helmets, 4 big bumpers, a football, & a frisbee.

It's a helluva big pile when it's out of the boat. :crazy:

That's no joke, I had to build extra shelves suspended from my garage ceiling this winter to store everything :crazy:

Thanks everybody for the input! The one big difference I see to some of you is that there is absolutely no bow storage in the 23' LSVs due to the stock, front ballast tank.

You guys gave me some great ideas though. Thank you! :thumbup:

Almost the same here.

Everything else in the trunks. This includes two full size coolers full of beer for ballast, floaty toys, and full size kitchen trash can.

Aren't you forgetting something...

Where do you keep that fancy picnic umbrella?

The only thing that we different from the other posts is that we keep all the "front" mooring/anchor gear under the right bow cushion, and all ther "rear" mooring gear under the back right rear cushion. That all the applicable mooring pieces are in the right areas for use.

Aren't you forgetting something...

Where do you keep that fancy picnic umbrella?

I just keep it deployed all the time. :yahoo:

Image110.jpg

edit, now that I read Nate's thread, I think I'm gonna lock up this umbrella extra tight.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Previous boat was a 22.5' I/O. New boat is a 2010 23' LSV. I've noticed there is a LOT less storage in the new boat, compared to the old I/O.....especially with any additional ballast bags. I'm curious how you guys are organizing your boats. No since in reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Where do you store your life jackets/vests? Ropes? Mainlines? Towels? Cooler(s)? Food? Small tool box? Trash? Etc, etc?

TIA.....ds

You're kidding right? Your 22.5 ft I/O had more storage room than your 23LSV? That I/O must have had a lot of storage. I think Malibus have the most storage ft. for ft. of any boat on the market. All the ballast is under the floor giving tons of room on either side of the engine and all the way down the port side and under the observer seat. Not to mention a tower/racks to keep boards and skis out of the way.

Thanks everybody for the input! The one big difference I see to some of you is that there is absolutely no bow storage in the 23' LSVs due to the stock, front ballast tank.

You guys gave me some great ideas though. Thank you! :thumbup:

Your right about this. But, rarely does anyone get in the bow of our boat so storing things there would be inconvenient to get to unless they were very rarely used items.

I come from an 18 ft I/O (yes it was a bayliner so poke away) and can not beleive the room the Bu has. I am pretty must set up the same way as Ndawg12.........and I have 2 girls so yes we need the space

I find if I have alot of people in the boat I use the rear storage more as I do not need the ballast as the wake is plenty big for us, or just one side for surfing, anyway in the rear i have the fenders, wetsuits, ropes, shoes, gloves etc........

thought I would attach a photo of the liner pulling the tube just to show where I came from......

post-12062-127231083495_thumb.jpg

Almost the same here.

Uhm, how do you get a tube under a seat?

I just keep it deployed all the time. :yahoo:

Image110.jpg

edit, now that I read Nate's thread, I think I'm gonna lock up this umbrella extra tight.

Ya cause you know it will be the first thing to go.... :no:

Got a 247 Wakesetter with dual captain's chairs and too much ballast (like there is any such thing :biggrin:) No storage in the bow - all that is up there is the factory ballast tank with cushions on top. No storage under passenger or driver's chairs. Try not to go out without the Malibu-logo cooler full of beverages so that storage is "taken". BIG ballast bags on top of the factory ballast in the back compartments. That leaves the battery area in front of the passenger captains chair, one decent sized compartment on the passenger side, and two dinky compartments on the driver side. If someone would just invent something more efficient to replace ballast, I would have a ton of storage room! Thus, I accept full responsibility and blame for my ballast and beverage weaknesses and the resulting lack of storage - the Bu, well, she is without fault, and remains, as always, perfect in every way.

MY umbrella fits neatly inside the aluminum table leg.

And yes, I keep my tube neatly folded underneath the starboard rear corner seat.

hmmm. How do I organize mt boat?

Pretty much everything goes in the trunk. Ropes, float cushions, anchor and oars. Gunnel storage has stern light pole and cover prop poles. Under the passenger seat is pretty full with amp and sub and small toolbox, but usually we put a few life jackets in there.

No skis in the boat unless someone is planning on skiing and then we usually lay them on the floor along one of the gunnel sides.

Rear seat is RARELY in the boat as are the jump seats.

Oh, and I use these for my ropes. You can get them at Wal-Mart for 6 bucks. No more tangles!!

cordreel.jpg

How do you store the kneeboard? I can't find the kneeboard rack for Illusion X tower.:Frustrated: I have HO Joker kneeboard (composite not rotoboard).

How do you store the kneeboard? I can't find the kneeboard rack for Illusion X tower.:Frustrated: I have HO Joker kneeboard (composite not rotoboard).

Mine fits in my back locker. Since I don't have any extra ballast it just sits on the floor. Once I get some more ballast odds are it will sit in my garage unless I know someone on the boat is in to it, though I beleive it owould fit in my surf rack also.

Upside down on the top of (outside of) of the forks.

In the top of my shed.... :)

HEhe, I figured when Klarich stopped wearin the Joker costume & moved on to the AirChair (and now the SkySki), then it was time to unload the kneeboard. Even Rossini & the McDonalds don't kneeboard much any more.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky