Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Bu in the family

martinarcher

martinarcher

Well I got back home at 1:00AM Friday morning from Australia so Friday at noon I headed off to the lake instead of back to work. Thumbup.gif

About 4 o'clock I finished up a set and was climbing back to on the platform when I spot an Illusion tower headed toward us. I'm thinking, who is that (you have to realize there are two Bu's on our lake. My Skier and my uncles Sunsetter Lxi)

They come off plane and pull up beside us. Here it's my uncle and the family. All smiles in their new 07' VTX. The boat looks amazing. Monsoon, Illusion X, Power Wedge, MLS, Rockford Tower Speakers, Blue and Grey color scheme. Nice looking boat. They are now interested in trying surfing. Before the end of the day I got behind it on the Inland Surfer Blue Lake and rode rope less for a minute or so. That boat needs quite a bit more weight than the stock MLS ballast for good surfing. My surf wake is better than his stock. Thumbup.gif I know once they add a couple sacs it will crush mine though. Biggrin.gif

I asked my cousin how the wakeboard wake was and he described it as "the wall". ROFL.gif Sounds like it rocks. Rockon.gif

Edited by martinarcher

Just throwin' this out there...

I still like your Skier better. Totally not into Vdrives, nor the newer boats with all the techno gadget this and thats and computer controlled who's-a-whats-ah's. So there. :biggrin: And all the custom and upgrades to it...just an awesome boat.

Congrats to your uncle all the same though.

martinarcher

Just throwin' this out there...

I still like your Skier better. Totally not into Vdrives, nor the newer boats with all the techno gadget this and thats and computer controlled who's-a-whats-ah's. So there. :biggrin: And all the custom and upgrades to it...just an awesome boat.

Congrats to your uncle all the same though.

Thanks man. I still am in love with our boat. I've got it just how I want it now and am really enjoying it. The other great thing is I work on my boat and know it inside and out. Rockon.gif

The air we were having fun with yesterday was awesome with the ballast filled up. Clap.gif Only a matter of time before one of us lands a backroll. We sure are having fun watching each other try and fail at the moment. ROFL.gif

martinarcher

It was good. I'm beginning to think there are no clouds in Australia. LOL.gif I've been there three times for a total of about a month and I've seen it rain for about 15 minutes. Biggrin.gif

I was in Wollongong and didn't get to ski. I met up with a great guy in New Castle last time and we had a good time on the bay. This time I worked the entire time. I was working 15 hour days from 5AM to dark including Sat and Sun. I had about 2 hours to look around the surf shops in Wollongong before heading to the airport on Thursday. Hopefully next trip I'll have a Sat off to go ski with someone that needs a third.

martinarcher

Love your skier, and love your bible verse. Nice to see guy who knows where it all comes from!! :)

Thanks man! I really appreciate it! Rockon.gif Gotta remember the blessings the Father gives us! Thumbup.gif