Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan III - V-drive boom or tower mount

dino7

I have a universal boom, but I don;t think it will work on a V drive. Anyone have any comments one way or the other between the V-drive or tower mount?

thanks

So you want to put a tower on your boat?

I would go with a Titan III or Starone II or Starone I (They are Titan old towers under a new company.) I have a Skylon tower on my Response looks like a cheap Titan III. Anyway I hate the look of it and what to change to a Starone I, but have not had a problem with the Skylon.

I wouldn't use the boom on the v-drive. Hope this helps.

Edited by CumminsBu

My bad, not very clear. I have the Titan III tower on my VLX and I want to get a new barefoot boom. My question is, should I go tower mount or v-drive boom?

thanks

I would go with the tower boom. It will keep the skier closer to you (driver) to see what is happening with them. Just my 2cents

So, do you have a boom already? If you do and are getting rid of it for a different one, I could use one for my Echelon if it will work.

Between a v-drive boom and a tower boom, I agree to go on the tower.