Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glad to be back

w8k-brdr

Have been out of the boating scene for a little while, well years actually.....but I am looking to get back into it. So I looked up my friends at the Malibu Crew for some inspiration and another way to waste some time while a work :)

In the process of moving to a new house that's half a mile from Alum Creek here in Columbus. :yahoo: Already have the third car garage to put it in so it's just a matter of time until I fill it up.

Couple pics of the old girl....currently looking for her replacement

RightFront.jpg

BackLeft.jpg

Interior.jpg

Front.jpg

And the reason that I got rid of her

DSCN0941.jpg

and

EASTON_20091212_000144.jpg

But they are getting older now, 3 in a couple of weeks, and next summer they will be up on a board if dad has anything to say about it.

Have been out of the boating scene for a little while, well years actually.....but I am looking to get back into it. So I looked up my friends at the Malibu Crew for some inspiration and another way to waste some time while a work :)

In the process of moving to a new house that's half a mile from Alum Creek here in Columbus. :yahoo: Already have the third car garage to put it in so it's just a matter of time until I fill it up.

Couple pics of the old girl....currently looking for her replacement

RightFront.jpg

BackLeft.jpg

Interior.jpg

Front.jpg

And the reason that I got rid of her

DSCN0941.jpg

and

EASTON_20091212_000144.jpg

But they are getting older now, 3 in a couple of weeks, and next summer they will be up on a board if dad has anything to say about it.

I can relate to that statement. :lol:

Welcome back !!!! Me and the gf are talking about kids next year and I told her I'll get rid of the M3 before the boat for kids. She is so down with that so I'm hoping I won't have to take a break as well :-) Enjoy filling up that garage with a new BU :thumbup:

my girl is a 1 1/2 and loves the being on boat. she cried when we left the lake and kept pointing back at the lake. i looked at my wife and told her that she was in trouble. she looked at me and said i know. i said any time she says dada lets go to the lake. I'M GOING TO THE LAKE!!! im excited to share this with my daughter and hopefully it will be some of our best memories.downloaddadcamera022.jpg

Edited by hyperlite

Thanks for all the welcomes.....

I loved that old boat, but when we went out on it one time all summer I just couldn't justify the payment, insurance, etc etc; and to find someone to buy a boat in Ohio in September you kind of have to jump on it. It was an awesome first boat and got me hooked on the Malibu's and her replacement with be another, just slightly larger with more room.

I loved going out on the boat as a kid too, most of my memories are of camping and skiing with the family in TN on Dale Hollow Lake. I loved it and look so forward to getting the kids out on the boat in the near future. There is nothing better then getting to hang out with the kids no matter what, but on the water it's just that much better.

As far as the avatar goes, that is from a previously life when I worked for the largest lingerie company in their finance department here in Ohio. I forgot all about that picture, and probably uploaded it from an old work computer so I guess I can't change it or I'll lose it. But you're right it ain't bad to stare at is it? :thumbup:

Welcome back. We didn't have twins, but our boating time went up after our son was born 5 years ago. It was tougher with all the supplies the first 2 years, but after that he's asking to go out as often as we can. He loves being out on the water & we don't realize how comfortable he is with it until we take some of his friends & their siblings out & see how they relate to being in a lake.

Thanks for all the welcomes.....

I loved that old boat, but when we went out on it one time all summer I just couldn't justify the payment, insurance, etc etc; and to find someone to buy a boat in Ohio in September you kind of have to jump on it. It was an awesome first boat and got me hooked on the Malibu's and her replacement with be another, just slightly larger with more room.

I loved going out on the boat as a kid too, most of my memories are of camping and skiing with the family in TN on Dale Hollow Lake. I loved it and look so forward to getting the kids out on the boat in the near future. There is nothing better then getting to hang out with the kids no matter what, but on the water it's just that much better.

As far as the avatar goes, that is from a previously life when I worked for the largest lingerie company in their finance department here in Ohio. I forgot all about that picture, and probably uploaded it from an old work computer so I guess I can't change it or I'll lose it. But you're right it ain't bad to stare at is it? :thumbup:

Welcome back! Just sold my Echelon for basically the same reason - needed more space for the family...but I miss her.

n1148239844_126430_1669.jpg

But the new one is pretty awesome too!

24909_1421948705902_1148239844_1242461_498951_n.jpg

I am in Columbus all the time, will have to connect up for a ski one early AM on the Scioto!

-- Mike

Welcome back. We didn't have twins, but our boating time went up after our son was born 5 years ago. It was tougher with all the supplies the first 2 years, but after that he's asking to go out as often as we can. He loves being out on the water & we don't realize how comfortable he is with it until we take some of his friends & their siblings out & see how they relate to being in a lake.

There were some other circumstances that were in place too, not just the kids. But I was on the boat when I as 4 months old and I have loved it ever since. They will too.

Welcome back! Just sold my Echelon for basically the same reason - needed more space for the family...but I miss her.

I am in Columbus all the time, will have to connect up for a ski one early AM on the Scioto!

-- Mike

Man I would love to. That is a nice looking Wakesetter, did you get it from No Wake? I kept some of my old equipment so I could be ready at just about any time. The Scioto used to be my old stomping ground, been on there several times. I am jealous every time I drive by there and see boats out there.

Edited by w8k-brdr