Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V -drive Barefoot Boom

TrickyNicky

I just bought a 2007 Malibu Sunscape 20 LSV with the Illusion tower, and I'm concerned about the v-boom not getting in front of the tower. It's 4'-0" from the pylon to get to the front of the tower on a 20'-0" sunscape. It looks like it would go out the side of the boat right where the illusion tower is. Does anyone have pictures of where the BI quad v-boom turns from the pylon, past the tower, and out the passengers side of the boat?

Thanks,

Scott

• 7 years later...

TrickyNicky, know this was 9 years ago but did you get the BI clamp to fit well on your ski pylon of a 07+ VTX?  Just put a deposit down on a 2nd hand 07 VTX and want to ensure I can fit a bar on it.  Did you also need the extension and height adjuster?  I also see there is a kids handle attachment you can get.  Ever used, or know if this is like another extension?  I will mainly use it for teaching young kids to ski, occasional adult to foot.

1 hour ago, Rusty1 said:

TrickyNicky, know this was 9 years ago but did you get the BI clamp to fit well on your ski pylon of a 07+ VTX?  Just put a deposit down on a 2nd hand 07 VTX and want to ensure I can fit a bar on it.  Did you also need the extension and height adjuster?  I also see there is a kids handle attachment you can get.  Ever used, or know if this is like another extension?  I will mainly use it for teaching young kids to ski, occasional adult to foot.

If you want to get his attention, you probably should tag him @TrickyNicky.  Another great resource would be @SmoothWaterMan.  Yet another option is to call BI and ask them about it.

And I wouldn't waste money on the kid's handle.  I have not seen any children that can't hold the regular bar, and they only need to for a few pulls anyway.  They graduate very quickly to a shortline handle, then to long line.

Definitely get the normal extension, or maybe two for your boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1