Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carbon Fiberglass X-Illusion

Woodsprinter

What is your thought about Carbon FIberglass X-Illusion with speakers built in? I personally prefer alumnium X-Illusion.. What is the benefit about it? Obviously we don't need light one for WB and Wakesurfing..

What is your thought about Carbon FIberglass X-Illusion with speakers built in? I personally prefer alumnium X-Illusion.. What is the benefit about it? Obviously we don't need light one for WB and Wakesurfing..

Don't walk but run away from that tower. Malibu discontinued it for a reason, it's a POS.

Don't walk but run away from that tower. Malibu discontinued it for a reason, it's a POS.

I am curious why you consider this such a lousy tower......I have been considering switching towers with my Titan to an Illusion...bad idea? Do you think the G3 towers are better made? And does anyone know if you can fit a G3 onto a 2004 VLX? Thanks for the input

I am curious why you consider this such a lousy tower......I have been considering switching towers with my Titan to an Illusion...bad idea? Do you think the G3 towers are better made? And does anyone know if you can fit a G3 onto a 2004 VLX? Thanks for the input

Yes I'm talking about the Blade tower not the illusion X tower. If you were going to buy a new tower for your boat I'd go with the G3 if I were you, unless you really wanted an Illusion X.

Big step in the wrong direction, in my book. You have a trouble free tower now. I don't see the point in changing.

The G3 may very well be as problem free as the other Titans. It just doesn't have a track record yet.

Why would you want to change towers?

Thanks to you all for the responses!....reasons for considering changing towers include the fact that the Titan tower is about 5 inches too tall (lowered) to fit in my garage (arghhh), also the bimini with built-in board racks, also my Titan is getting a bit pitted from weather and water. I am not dead set on the change, just looking into it.

What a great website forum this is! thanks again for all the information.

Thanks to you all for the responses!....reasons for considering changing towers include the fact that the Titan tower is about 5 inches too tall (lowered) to fit in my garage (arghhh), also the bimini with built-in board racks, also my Titan is getting a bit pitted from weather and water. I am not dead set on the change, just looking into it.

What a great website forum this is! thanks again for all the information.

It'll be worse on the Illusion. After owning both the Titan is a much better functional tower, and the racks still need to come off to fit in the garage. Although if the only way I could get it into the garage w/o any other options I'd probably do it myself....but wouldn't be my first choice.

Have your Titan powdercoated, add some speakers & racks & get a local shop to custom design & build an above the tower bimini for it.

Thinkin I will do just that at some point. :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky