Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raw water pump 68-5001 Question 0313

On my 2000 Malibu Escape I was planning on purchasing a SpeedSeal life raw water pump cover to allow easier impeller replacement. I have a Indmar 68-5001 pump, which I believe is a Johnson pump. It has a round cover about 6.8cm in diameter, with 4 attaching bolts. Speadseal needs the makers number, a 10-number that identiefies the pump to them. Has anyone that has a pump like this purchased a speedseal cover and know what number pump it is? Or does anyone know the 10-number? It seems strange they couldnt match the cover from the pump cover info....Suggestions? :crazy:

Yes, it's a johnson pump.

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=10023

Indmar 68-5001 & Johnson F6-B9 - same thing.

Don't know if this will help, but here is a Data sheet

http://www.pumpagents.com/pdf/JohnsonPumps/10-24232-1.pdf

Another link

http://www.pleasureboatmarine.com/jpi10242321.html

Not sure about a 10 digit number

Edited by areamike

Ok, I wrote Johnson and provided the Indmar pump number from the cover plate. They emailed me the 10-number. There are hundreds of pumps although they all may be a F6-B9, each pump application has one 10-number. Thanks for all the suggestions. If you are intrested in getting a SpeadSeal raw water quick change cover, you will need to supply them the 10-number so they can ensure it fits properly.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I wrote Johnson and provided the Indmar pump number from the cover plate. They emailed me the 10-number. There are hundreds of pumps although they all may be a F6-B9, each pump application has one 10-number. Thanks for all the suggestions. If you are intrested in getting a SpeadSeal raw water quick change cover, you will need to supply them the 10-number so they can ensure it fits properly.

I would like to get the speedseal too - how did you find the 10 digit number? Are they the same for our boats?

Thanks!!

• 7 years later...

I need to replace my indmar 68-5001 pump and want to keep it stock with only Indmar parts. Does anyone know where to get the real indmar pump? I know that Johnson pumps are the same but i feel it keep the value of the boat having all matching stock parts.

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, SJRwake said:

I need to replace my indmar 68-5001 pump and want to keep it stock with only Indmar parts. Does anyone know where to get the real indmar pump? I know that Johnson pumps are the same but i feel it keep the value of the boat having all matching stock parts.

Indmar buys parts like that from suppliers then installs them on the engine to assemble it. No one will know or care if it’s a Johnson or not. Heck, the original might be anyway. 

• Like 3
  • 3 years later...
On 10/24/2011 at 9:54 AM, MalibuKarl said:

I would like to get the speedseal too - how did you find the 10 digit number? Are they the same for our boats?

Thanks!!

Yeah can you share that 10 digit number so those of us with vintage Escapes can order a pump cover too? Thanks!