Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check Engine Warning

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the forum. I bought a 2005 wakesetter XTI last year with the monsoon 340 in it. When I took it out for the first time this year after changing the oil I got a check engine alarm at full throttle. I had oil pressure about 70 PSI. I took it out again this weekend and was still getting the alarm, only this time I had about 60 psi and everything else read normal. I get it at random power settings, and never has the engine sounded, felt or acted anything but normal. Could this be a bad MDC? I had it at the dealer for a new oil pan last year and asked the dealer to look at the display and speedo. I can't recalibrate the speedo or can I cycle through the MDC both directions. The display switch only works one way. I also noticed today that my horn doesn't work anymore. Just wondering what the thoughts are so I don't ignore it and have something bad happen on the water. Thanks for your help!

Kevin

• Like 1

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the forum. I bought a 2005 wakesetter XTI last year with the monsoon 340 in it. When I took it out for the first time this year after changing the oil I got a check engine alarm at full throttle. I had oil pressure about 70 PSI. I took it out again this weekend and was still getting the alarm, only this time I had about 60 psi and everything else read normal. I get it at random power settings, and never has the engine sounded, felt or acted anything but normal. Could this be a bad MDC? I had it at the dealer for a new oil pan last year and asked the dealer to look at the display and speedo. I can't recalibrate the speedo or can I cycle through the MDC both directions. The display switch only works one way. I also noticed today that my horn doesn't work anymore. Just wondering what the thoughts are so I don't ignore it and have something bad happen on the water. Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Maybe you should look under the dash for wires that are disconnected. the way the adjustment rocker switches work, is the top and bottom get a + and - while the middle terminal goes to the MMDC. when you press the rocker one way or another, it sends either the + or - to the MMDC to make the adjustments. for the speedo adj, you need to hold it in one position or the other for a few seconds before it will adjust. The horn is a seperate circuit not using the MMDC. also your MMDC uses a CAN network to communicate with the gauges and the ECM. if all your gauges are working i'd say your MMDC is fine. tons of things can trigger a ck eng light, you should have the ECM scanned

• 8 years later...

Hi dalpilot.  I just bought an 05' wakesetter 21 xti last fall, and am having the same exact issue this year.  I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing the alarms or the high oil pressure.  When the alarm goes off, I notice that the guages are good, except the oil pressure is almost maxed out at 80psi.  Any help would be appreciated. 

thx,

Jeff