Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Questions

LuckyEnough

Just got our new 2010 Response LXi on the water this weekend. I think we need a 16 year old computer whiz to figure out the Maliview :unsure: First off, can anyone tell us where to find the hours meter? We went through every setup screen available and could not find this. Secondly, to see the RPM's is the only way to use the cruise button and view it there? Thirdly, how long are inactive faults stored on the system? We had a couple of temperature faults while we putted around during the break-in period on the engine (that cleared as soon as we would get the RPM's up) but we are only seeing one of the faults listed now and so trying to figure out if the system only retains the last one or is supposed to be cumulative for the dealer to be able to see when servicing. BTW, engine is not yet fully broken in (we're between the 3000-4000 range now) but what a dream that LS3 engine looks to be. After about 3000 RPMs it REALLY gets up and moves. We are getting some buzzing on the tower speakers...but only when the engine is running. When in auxillary, no buzz. Anyone have a similar problem and/or fix? Finally, we seem to be picking up way more water then our last Response (383 Hammerhead) as the bilge pump is automatically running quite a bit. All the plugs are in place as they should be so we are not sure if this is due to excess water cooling the engine and or if there is something we should be worried about??? Comments appreciated! :thumbup:

Members that know way more than me about these things will probably chime in but it sounds like a return trip to the dealer with your list to me.

the stereo noise issue sounds like a ground issue to me (especially if the pitch of the noise changes with rpms). Are the tower speakers on an amp? Make sure the amp is grounded directly to the negative post on the battery. Assuming that's the case, then I'd check to make sure the deck is grounded well and that your RCAs are not picking up a interference from being run too close to a power line.

with the engine on, look at all the hoses to see if any are leaking into the bilge. fairly often there will be one or two spots water will leak from in a new engine.

I would be taking it out one more time and making a list to return to the dealer with. Stereo sounds like a ground problem. Water sounds like loose hose clamp somewhere leaking in. Malivue sounds like the dealer needs to spend some time showing you how to use your new boat.

welcome to the crew.

i know that getting the rig to the dealer can be a pia.

if you can contain the water leak then i'm sure the other problems can wait for that 20 hour check-up.

can't help w audio or malivue questions; sorry.

there is a bunch of water pressure when the engine rpm is up.

i would consider spinning the rpm up to a couple of grand while the dog house is open (be careful: lots of spinning and hot pieces and parts to get hurt on).

you should be able to fix most of the leaks you will find under the dog house.

i would also look at the shaft packing. it's under the floor panel behind the dog house.

that 'stuffing box' is where the drive shaft transitions from dry to wet.

the packing keeps the water out while allowing the shaft to spin.

there are a few different types of packing.

fiber packing needs to drip at a rate of about 1 drip each 10 seconds. the water is used to lubricate the packing.

i have no experience with 'drip-less' stuffing box. hopefully someone else will chime in here.

hope you can keep the rig on the pond instead of having it set at the dealer.

good luck with it.