Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

error code question

I think I know the answer but want confirmation.

I get the following fault code on a 2008 LSV with HH

Fault 1 of 1

Cat_A_TempSensor

SPN 65671 CM 0

Voltage Short or Above Normal RNG FMI 3 OC 5

First - I assume the error is referring to this part.

Sensor Exhaust Temp Post Catalyst

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1404

Do I need to replace one of these and if so - does the code indicate which one?

Or do you think this just means one of the batteries is getting a little weak.

I know the code resets after so many starts - and I started and ran the boat about 4 or 5 times and the error does not go away.

I also know the boat should still be under warranty - but I live on the water and getting the boat to the dealer is a bit of a pain.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

I think I know the answer but want confirmation.

I get the following fault code on a 2008 LSV with HH

Fault 1 of 1

Cat_A_TempSensor

SPN 65671 CM 0

Voltage Short or Above Normal RNG FMI 3 OC 5

First - I assume the error is referring to this part.

Sensor Exhaust Temp Post Catalyst

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1404

Do I need to replace one of these and if so - does the code indicate which one?

Or do you think this just means one of the batteries is getting a little weak.

I know the code resets after so many starts - and I started and ran the boat about 4 or 5 times and the error does not go away.

I also know the boat should still be under warranty - but I live on the water and getting the boat to the dealer is a bit of a pain.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

You will need to replace these. They are on your header pipes that flow to the catalytic converter. The sensors have a lot of glass in them. They of course get hot. When water that is designed to cool the engine hits them while they are hot the glass breaks rendering the sensor bad. This has been a common issue with these sensors. They are coming out with new ones which your dealer should replace your broken one with. The boat may run a little richer with the fault code but experience has been the boat is ok to run.

they do have replacements. but it will happen again. you need to have your dealer laod the latest post cat temp program into your boats ECM. by loading this program it wont happen again. so take it into the dealer. shouldn't take more then a few mins to load.