Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swim platform trap door

apparently the bottom half of my trap door pull fell off to it's watery grave, can anyone post a picture of what the bottom

looks like? I want to try and fix it myself, I prefer to not pay too much for a complete pull.

it's the pull for the trap door in a teak swim platform.

Thanks.

Thanks,

but is the latch catching something on the main platform? otherwise I am not getting how it is being held down??

Thanks,

but is the latch catching something on the main platform? otherwise I am not getting how it is being held down??

Go to marinehardware.com, download the catalog (pdf) and look on page 52 (I think).

Is it the little tab the latch hooks to or the bottom of the latch itself that fell off?

If you do need to replace it - FPMarine has had the best prices in the past.

Search for Southco M1 latch. Click Hardware the Latches - it should be the second listing.

They have good pictures there too.

P1060514.jpg

P1010686.JPG

I had the same thing happen last summer, the new latch was more than I wanted to spend for something that I rarely use anyway. I had a roll of pipe hanger in my garage so I just cut a few pieces of it, doubled it back over itself for strength and screwed it into the bottom of the latch. 8262719.jpg