Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hour usage poll

WakingMeHappy

107 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours per year does your boat have?

• Less than 20
    • 21 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61 - 70
    • 71 - 80
    • 81 - 90
    • 91 - 100
    • 101 - 125
    • 126 - 150
    • 151 - 175
    • 176 - 200
    • 201 or more

How many hours per year are on your boat? Take your total hours and divide by the boats age for actual hours. This way we get the average for the life of the boat, not just the current owner.

With my daughters, nieces, and nephews coming up to college and working age, hours have fallen off in the last few years. They don't even spend the full vacation with us any more. And they are usually busy on weekends too. Add to that, my brothers have pretty much given up skiing. This has cut our hours in more than half over the last few years. Something to consider if your are thinking of buying a boat now or later, the age of your kids. Hopefully in a few more years, when they are all thru college, and working real jobs, they will have more time to enjoy and put hours on the boat again. It is tough to see your yearly average drop to 30-50 hours per year from as high as 150-200 ten years ago, when the boat literally ran all day.

Boat #2 (salt water) does about 30 hours a year now too. Total on her clock is 3780 hrs.

Edited by electricjohn

We put almost 500 hours per year on the boat.

We are 5 riders on my VLX 2010.

Me and son. My partner and two sons. Maybe some friends also.

We are two owners so the boat is really used.

We recieved the new vlx the first week of january and it has 238 hours by today.

We usually have to travel 1/2 an hour to get a glassy place to ride.

I usually put just under a 100 hours on my boat per year ... I spend a lot of time on other boats - otherwise I'd have higher hours.

:plus1: Ski two other boats plus we use a pontoon.

We put almost 500 hours per year on the boat.

We are 5 riders on my VLX 2010.

Me and son. My partner and two sons. Maybe some friends also.

We are two owners so the boat is really used.

We recieved the new vlx the first week of january and it has 238 hours by today.

We usually have to travel 1/2 an hour to get a glassy place to ride.

Need more friends? I've always wanted to visit Argentina. And then to wakeboard in Argentina would rock !!!!! :rockon:

Im Guessing our I/O had about 150-200 hours on it and we had it 2 years. So, with it we averaged 75-100 a year...With the Axis, I'd say it will be higher lol..we have 8.4 hours on it now and only taken it out 3 times :lol:

boat has about 470 hours, I bought it used and have been going about 100 or so a year. As the kids are getting older we are spending more time on the lake. The average for the life of the boat is about 78 hours a year. We are also moving to a water front community in CLT this summer and I am expecting the useage to go up as the convience of evening rides increased considerably.

REW

We are also moving to a water front community in CLT this summer and I am expecting the useage to go up as the convience of evening rides increased considerably.

REW

Congrats on the new place... and lifestyle! We have moved in & out of a couple of different waterfront communities over the last 15 years or so. It is definitely a different way of life. You will find that you spend a lot more time on the water. But not necessarily on your own boat. You will do more 1 or 2 hr trips on the lake & less all day Saturdays. Getting a ride in before work or in the evenings becomes the norm. You will go out on the boat for other reasons than to ride, like going to your buddies' place across the lake, or booze cruisin, or to watch the sun drop, or to see the full moon rise, or midnight surfing, or....... :crazy:

Or it may be on one of your OTHER boats! :yahoo:

Besides the last couple of ski/wake boats, I've had a pontoon, a kayak, a paddle boat, and now a paddle surfboard.

I found that I hear from people every time they come to the lake. Sometimes to say hi, other times because they need a 3rd or a hand with something. Because of that I tend to get more ride time in than most others.

But at the same time, there are other responsibilities on the lake too. Fixing the docks, cleaning up the beach, etc. And if a storm blows in, I head down to the lake because I know there will be problems..... people don't tie their boats or docks down well & the storm stir up some problems. I can't tell you how many boats & docks we've had landed on our beach.

I have a buddy who has shared waterfront in Pell City, AL. I don't recall the lake, but they have a house on an acre about 4 blocks from the water. And a little 30'x30' lot on the lake.... just enough to park the trailer, have a dock, a small shed & a picnic table. And they make the drive to/from the lake in their golf cart..... another shared waterfront toy we had to have. :yahoo:

Good luck & enjoy!

We bought our boat 16 years old with 325 hours at the end of the 2008 season. In 2009, we put 119 hours on the boat. Took her out of storage with 444 clicks on the hour meter. In 17 years, that is 26 hours per year.

But whole story - boat had 225 hours in the first 15 years. Was purchased by 2nd owner with 225 and he put on 100 hours in 2008. I purchased it end of 2008 season with 325.

15 hours a year for the first 15 years. Yikes. That's crazy talk.

Need more friends? I've always wanted to visit Argentina. And then to wakeboard in Argentina would rock !!!!! Rockon.gif

Ok man. Try to travel here in summer because now is getting cold. Just send me a PM and we could arrange some sessions here. You will love the delta. Sometimes we ride for an hour and we dont see other boats.

The place is great

Took delivery of my boat 1/3 through last season with about 850 hours. At last check (this weekend), I was at 1060 hours.

So yeah....I use my boat, ALOT!

6 years, 1060 hours...177 hours/ year. And 2010 has just begun!

• 5 months later...

Took delivery of my boat 1/3 through last season with about 850 hours. At last check (this weekend), I was at 1060 hours.

So yeah....I use my boat, ALOT!

6 years, 1060 hours...177 hours/ year. And 2010 has just begun!

A related recent thread went a little sour so I'll try to revive this one.

Wow Mike, last time I was on your boat, back in August, you were pushing 1300 hrs, yeah I'd say you're using the bu.

With a 26 month and a 4 month old we've managed 110 hours in 2 seasons, not too bad....?