Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Coldest run of the year

Sixball

Wow started skiing the 29 last month. I just came in from a good ski but wow it was the coldest runs of the year. We have had a lot of wind and cold nights. Water has lost 10 degrease to 58 and air was only 53. Oh well It could be worse we could be on shore wishing we could get into the water.

we couldn't resist - we been going out every chance - we can - water temps running about 50-53 - air temps about the same - water like glass- heater & shower working double time....

Oh well It could be worse we could be on shore wishing we could get into the water.

Or wishing you still lived at your lake house instead of 2 hours awayCry.gif ...where you know the water is glass right nowCry.gif ...and you have 4 weeks of vacation time waiting to be burnedCry.gif ...and a full tank of gasCry.gif .

I got a couple of runs in last weekend, it was nice. Kids are still chicken.

Yeah there is hard white stuff floating on our water; but as soon as it is gone I'll be in it shorts and vest.

You crazy mo'fo. :lol:

I drove for my ski partner on the weekend.. water was 70. No thanks.. :no:

70° water sounds dreamy. :yes: Our lake had warmed up to the low 60's and we were ready to ditch the drysuits and then the warmer weather caused more snow runoff and the lake promptly dropped back down into the low 50's again. Guess we'll be keepin' the drysuits for another week or two. :yes:

Wow started skiing the 29 last month. I just came in from a good ski but wow it was the coldest runs of the year. We have had a lot of wind and cold nights. Water has lost 10 degrease to 58 and air was only 53. Oh well It could be worse we could be on shore wishing we could get into the water.

If I had to degrease my water I wouldn't get into not no matter what temp it was :biggrin:

You crazy mo'fo. :lol:

:plus1: consistantly 88-90 last year made me soft, it was 71 last weekend and I didn't have the cajones to get in!!

Edited by Ndawg12

I went skiing on March 19 on Clarklake, MI., one week after the ice broke. I don't know what temp the water was, but the air was 70. It was a greaty run. Wore a shorty and a jon and jacket over it. Luckily my head never got wet. Feet and hands were fine about 10 minutes afterwards. It really wasn't that bad. No heater or shower either. I'm due for an upgrade. Too bad I was laid off Jan. 28.

Are you nuts!!!!!!! :biggrin::tease2:

I will go as soon as the ice is out but not in a shorty!

Oh come on...a dock start, nice easy run, return into knee deep water...piece of cake.

Oh come on...a dock start, nice easy run, return into knee deep water...piece of cake.

Double booted and don't want the ski to get into the sand and rocks. It's the air temp that gets ya. Just keep a smile on your face until it freezes and everyone thinks your having a good time. :biggrin:

hey the ocean water up here has warmed up to 52 / 53 now....... which is great, when I first jumped in in March it was around 48........Crazy.gif

Its Monday and sunny. I am not going to make a run tonight I am moving 15 yards of sand and got 1/3 of it done this afternoon so a recliner is on my mind tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Woah, i have no idea of what those temps are in celcius (sorry seems odd why america is still using the imperial system) anyways, in our 'bu down here in australia it still has the damn temperatures in fahrenheight (my spelling sucks) and we have been wakeboarding in about 70 degrees recently, but its been cooling down, its pretty much winter now its getting cold (well cold for us aussies, we NEVER see snow), next time im out will be next weekend ill check for ya, oh and this may scare u all for a second, its been 20 degrees down here....... celcius :)

Went for a surf 2 days ago... air 53 water 49. No wetsuit and I didn't dare let go of the rope! The initial plunge was a little brisk. As soon as I had my feet on the board wifey pulled me up and then the next 15 minutes of surfing weren't actually that bad. Pulled up the slack rope and stepped on the platform at the end of the ride. Overall a great start to the Canadian riding season. Looking into getting a wetsuit for next season or possibly this fall.

First time out in a weak and a half, wind cold rain just terrible weather. The lake lost 10deg air at 52 at start.

The next week looks better. :thumbup: