Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What size ski

DocB

I am getting ready to order the Radar Theory and am trying to decide between the 67 and 69. I am 6'5" 220 and by those numbers should get a 69 but I am wondering if I should get the 67....can anyone tell me advantages/disadvantages to going smaller.

I'm 205 lbs and saw a big difference when I switched from a 67 to the 69. So, all the responses above were good advice. Just wanted to throw in my experience - but it was on the Senate. I think the conclusions should still be true regardless of the differences in the models.

I'm 205 lbs and saw a big difference when I switched from a 67 to the 69. So, all the responses above were good advice. Just wanted to throw in my experience - but it was on the Senate. I think the conclusions should still be true regardless of the differences in the models.

I'm also 205 and 6'3" and I ride a 67" Theory into 38 off 30 mph and it's plenty of ski, no problem. I think the OP at his size and ability level will be better on the 69" but that's just one opinion. On a Senate I would want a 68" at my size and ability but a 69" would also work I'd think. FWIW.

Ed

I have it picked out 69 with double vector boots. Darren at Wiley's ski has been great and he and I will be finalizing the order tomorrow. I just got the boat in and on the lift tonight so I am stoked to get the ski in....hopefully I can test run this weekend. Thanks for all of your input. I will follow up with a review.

I'm also 205 and 6'3" and I ride a 67" Theory into 38 off 30 mph and it's plenty of ski, no problem. I think the OP at his size and ability level will be better on the 69" but that's just one opinion. On a Senate I would want a 68" at my size and ability but a 69" would also work I'd think. FWIW.

Ed

:lol: Into 38 at 30mph, thats got to be fun! Is that for the wide ride division Ed?

I have it picked out 69 with double vector boots. Darren at Wiley's ski has been great and he and I will be finalizing the order tomorrow. I just got the boat in and on the lift tonight so I am stoked to get the ski in....hopefully I can test run this weekend. Thanks for all of your input. I will follow up with a review.

Wiley's is one of the best to work with and Darren has done some very good things for me.

He bent over back words to get me on my ski and I have never skied better or been happier with a ski. :biggrin:

you are going to love the Vector boots. I have liked the Rails, but the Vectors are even better.

:lol: Into 38 at 30mph, thats got to be fun! Is that for the wide ride division Ed?

Yeah, INT Wide Ride. Only been into 38 once at a tournament but can usually knock out a few at 35 no problem. Been there several times in practice though. It's a blast - everything happens enough slower at 30 that you have time to correct mistakes you'd never correct (that I'd never correct anyway)at 34.2. And the Theory skis enough like my MPD that there isn't a lot of adjustment between the two.

Ed

No question on the 69. I'm right at 200#'s, 36 mph, used to be on a 67 then picked up 4 buoys moving to a 68, now have a 69" A1 but haven't tried it yet. I used to think ski as short as you can but with the new technique of perpetual momentum, a longer ski can be more consistent even though you might not be able to crank one like a short ski.

where is the best place in pittsburgh to buy slalom skis from?

I would order from Wiley's Ski in Washington. I just got mine in the mail from there this weekend. I live in Indiana and the shop here could not touch Darren's prices even with shipping.