Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Star Gazer problems-- Help!!

I am hoping to enlist the help of board members with a problem I am having with my Stargazer installation. My Malibu is a 2006 Response with a 340 Monsoon engine. I purchased the PP Stargazer system used (was working on the boat it was pulled from) and I took it to my local Malibu dealer to have it installed. The technician installed the system but can't get it to work. When tested in the shop in RPM mode the systems beeps as the throttle engages but doesn't "take over."

The technician called Perfect Pass and they said it must not be getting the right voltage, but the voltage check gives us a reading within the recommended range.

My dealer doesn't have much experience with PPSG, 99% of their volume are wakeboard boats with standard Malibu cruise. I was hoping to draw upon the expertise of board members. Has anyone experiences anything like this? Any thoughts, ideas or advice on what to try next?

Thanks,

Clinton

I have PP on my 05 MC. I had a grounding issue. I had to cut the ground wire and run it to the battery. Not sure what yours is, but you might have better luck getting the boat back and fixing it with PP yourself.