Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's this?

Ok, I don't even know where to start with the reply's.

Now you got the "whole story". Can't I just want to know where the IAC is?? :crazy:

Why am I revving the engine? Well maybe to discover issues like this..?? Why shouldn't I be able to rev the engine up a little and bring it back and have it settle into idle without all most stalling. Or is that normal? Everybody was telling me it's not.

I had the intake cover and throttle body completely off. Sprayed down the TB with carb cleaner and got it working smoother. I also cleaned the cap and rotor and and all plugs. Throttle response is a lot quicker now :thumbup: However, my TB does not look like that, there were not outlets on either side of the flapper, and only 1 electrical connection for the throttle (flapper) motor. So I'm leaning towards Pete's idea right now.

Thanks for getting out of your chair and taking pics Ruff :biggrin: Apparently this changed from 05 to 06..??

Yup, your right must have changed from 05 to 06. No question though, mine does have an IAC. Yours is throttle by wire then?

Nate,

It dawned on me last night that your boat is probably throttle by wire.

If it is, there's probably no IAC motor.

I still don't know why you feel the need to rev. the motor? To impress your friends? Why not just get a couple tattoos instead?

Ruff,

My boat's a 2000 and I def. don't have an IAC. I do have a small air bypass bleed. Too bad I can't attach pics. anymore because I'm no longer a chief.

Nate,

I still don't know why you feel the need to rev. the motor? To impress your friends? Why not just get a couple tattoos instead?

Ruff,

My boat's a 2000 and I def. don't have an IAC. I do have a small air bypass bleed. Too bad I can't attach pics. anymore because I'm no longer a chief.

Pete,

Did you forget some emoticons again or are you trying to be a PITA?

I was experimenting around with how everything worked right when I got the boat and I noticed it almost stalled when I did that. It bugs the hell out of me so I'm trying to get it figured out because it might be a sign of other potential problems.

Nate,

Ruff,

No need, I believe ya. Did you catch post 26? The same thing occured to me.

Edited by Ruffdog

Pete,

Did you forget some emoticons again or are you trying to be a PITA?

I was experimenting around with how everything worked right when I got the boat and I noticed it almost stalled when I did that. It bugs the hell out of me so I'm trying to get it figured out because it might be a sign of other potential problems.

Yeah,

You know me Nate, I'm always joking around. Especially with you buddy. :Tease3:

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat the idle recovery.

Oh wait, one other thing I thought of that you might be trying to do....are you revving up the motor with the boat out of gear thinking that if you slam it into gear the boat might "peel out" or do a wheelie or something? That would impress me. :rofl:

Yeah,

You know me Nate, I'm always joking around. Especially with you buddy. :Tease3:

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat the idle recovery.

Oh wait, one other thing I thought of that you might be trying to do....are you revving up the motor with the boat out of gear thinking that if you slam it into gear the boat might "peel out" or do a wheelie or something? That would impress me. :rofl:

10-4, that's southern redneck for ok, I won't worry about it. But Pete, I think you've got some screws loose pal :lol:

10-4, that's southern redneck for ok, I won't worry about it. But Pete, I think you've got some screws loose pal :lol:

Or maybe he trying to get a really big wakeboarder out of the hole..... :crazy: