Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's this?

MAP sensor. The IAC would be located on the throttle body.

There is nothing mounted on the throttle body except for the filter (of course) and the throttle motor to control the butterfly valve.

There is nothing mounted on the throttle body except for the filter (of course) and the throttle motor to control the butterfly valve.

Nate, Located on the drivers side of the throttle body next to the tps.

post-7843-127169914053_thumb.jpg

I find it kinda odd, but the MAP actually has a sticker on it that says, "pressure sensor". My phone camera in my dark garage doesn't show it but it is there.post-7843-127169931089_thumb.jpg

Nate, Located on the drivers side of the throttle body next to the tps.

hmmm, that doesn't look familiar, I'll have to take a closer look. Anyone got a pic that is zoomed out a little farther?

I find it kinda odd, but the MAP actually has a sticker on it that says, "pressure sensor". My phone camera in my dark garage doesn't show it but it is there.post-7843-127169931089_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too, I think it said "Pressure sensor 5v" on it.

hmmm, that doesn't look familiar, I'll have to take a closer look. Anyone got a pic that is zoomed out a little farther?

Yeah, I noticed that too, I think it said "Pressure sensor 5v" on it.

:plus1: on the closer look :biggrin:

ok smarta$$, based on what you're saying it should be somewhere around here. :biggrin:

Yes exactly but lower than your picture allows. your going to have to stick your head down in to see it.

It is on the side of the throttle body.

Edited by Ruffdog

No, no, no Ruffdawg.

Nate needs to remove the rear bench seat and backrest so he can give us a good shot of what he's talking about.

Not sure what's going on here, if you guys are making fun of my limited mechanical knowledge or what :unsure: but I'll try to stick a camera down in the starboard locker and take a few pictures panning across the TB.

Thanks for the help so far, I think :biggrin:

Nate,

Why don't you just tell us why you need to know what that sensor is?

I'm having a minor issue, when I pull out the neutral knob and rev up the rpm's to 2k or so and then bring it back the rpm's drop way low to like 300 and it almost stalls. I was told to check and/or clean the idle air control.

Hmmm, not sure if that really is an issue or not but if you want you could remove the entire throttle body and give it a good blast with tb cleaner. The IAC will come off with the TB. The reason I say this is it might actually be easier to do it this way, and you have the added bonus of being able to give the TB a good cleaning as well.

Added bonus #2: you won't actually have to look for the IAC...he he.

Edited by Ruffdog

Well finally.

We get the real reason for all of this.

Ruff, are you sure there's an IAC on these motors? I have yet to see one. But, then again, I haven't looked at any late model motors in awhile.

I'm having a minor issue, when I pull out the neutral knob and rev up the rpm's to 2k or so and then bring it back the rpm's drop way low to like 300 and it almost stalls. I was told to check and/or clean the idle air control.

Why are you revving the motor to 2K out of gear?

Why are you revving the motor to 2K out of gear?

:plus1:

Pete: :fingerwag: Sure enough that your not getting me out of my chair to go out in the garage. :lol:

Edited by Ruffdog

Ruff,

I'm serious, I've never seen an IAC on a boat motor.

Think about it...there's no AC that's gonna engage, the motor isn't smart enough to see when there's a high electrical current load, and the motor doesn't care what the ambient temp. or coolant temp. is to bother changing the idle.

As far as I know (and I don't know jack about motors) the throttle plate's idle setting is all we have for controlling idle.

Ya I can't provide you with all the details of why it is there....read car mechanic not boat mechanic. But I can tell you it is there. I believe that this system is very similar to the older speed density systems found on some cars (mostly older).

It would be nice if one of the marine techs would chime in here and give us the rundown on these systems. For example, are they adaptive? If they are this might be the reason for the IAC.

Also keep in mind that Nate's is an 06, mine is an 05.

post-7843-12718265004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ruffdog

Ok, I don't even know where to start with the reply's.

Now you got the "whole story". Can't I just want to know where the IAC is?? :crazy:

Why am I revving the engine? Well maybe to discover issues like this..?? Why shouldn't I be able to rev the engine up a little and bring it back and have it settle into idle without all most stalling. Or is that normal? Everybody was telling me it's not.

I had the intake cover and throttle body completely off. Sprayed down the TB with carb cleaner and got it working smoother. I also cleaned the cap and rotor and and all plugs. Throttle response is a lot quicker now :thumbup: However, my TB does not look like that, there were not outlets on either side of the flapper, and only 1 electrical connection for the throttle (flapper) motor. So I'm leaning towards Pete's idea right now.

Thanks for getting out of your chair and taking pics Ruff :biggrin: Apparently this changed from 05 to 06..??