Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Big Water Testomony!

Willy

I have to share a story from "Any Given Sunday"

I live in Port Huron Michigan. We have a great river that leads into the St. Clair river that Lake Huron dumps into. It is fairly shallow (3' to 10' ft.) and makes for some of the best slalom sking around. However, now that we are wakeboarding and surfing we need more depth. So we head out to Lake Huron.Unfortunately there is only two ways out there and one usually is not an option so we have to traverse the Saint Clair River to get there. On any given sunday you have every boat of every size 30,40,50,60ft' cruisers headed back to Detroit in a south wind. It is nothing to see huge rollers under the Blue Water bridge!! I have had many different boats including a number of BU's. This new hull ROCKS! I have yet to stuff my boat. The down turned chimes are rediculous! I have passed smaller Baja's, Checkmates etc. Wedge down, 15 -22 mph and water spraying out to the side, no pounding, Just a nice cushy ride. What a testament to the Malibu V-drive!!

Ahh! Just thinking about summer and the adrenaline rush I get from being a true "Boat Guy".

Hat's off to Malibu for there forward thinking with there hull designs! You could not have done that ten years ago with any ski/wakeboard boat.

I have decided I will put more "big water" stories up here to help educate the public on the benefits of an inboard!

Edited by Willy