Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan boarder

Yes, I know that it's a '94, but it's now paid for in full, no liens. It runs & looks great and the next time I sit in the driver's seat it will feel that much better looking around at it knowing IT'S MINE!Yahoo.gifClap.gif

Just thought I'd share that.Thumbup.gif

Yes, I know that it's a '94, but it's now paid for in full, no liens. It runs & looks great and the next time I sit in the driver's seat it will feel that much better looking around at it knowing IT'S MINE!Yahoo.gifClap.gif

Congrats! :rockon:

MalibuNation

Fantastic ... I was going down I-94 lickity split on Wednesday and could see your boat lift from the highway.

Been a nice warm spring ... but so so weekends ... windy tomorrow!

Edited by MalibuNation

You're going to miss the payments and go out and buy a new one, I'll give you a year.

You're going to miss the payments and go out and buy a new one, I'll give you a year.

Ya never know! Selling it outright makes a 6 or 8k upgrade a whole lot easier. I'm thinking SSLxi or RLxi. My wife is thinking "do it and you die". My boys are thinking "let's get a dune buggy!" (don't know who would plant that seedWhistling.gif ). My little girl is thinking "pony". I honestly have no idea who's going to win.

JM2C...you ROCK!

Congrats :rockon:

Aside from a home mortgage, all debt is bad if you ask me...which you didn't...but I still put it out there anyway. :innocent:

+1M -- the house is the only thing I owe on and I'm workin' as hard as I can to own that beotch too. I want my toys to be fun, not to keep me up at night wondering about my cash flow.

Congrats on the payoff. I remember paying off the first car that I didn't buy cash (i.e. not a beater) and it was an awesome feeling.

Ya never know! Selling it outright makes a 6 or 8k upgrade a whole lot easier. I'm thinking SSLxi or RLxi. My wife is thinking "do it and you die". My boys are thinking "let's get a dune buggy!" (don't know who would plant that seedWhistling.gif ). My little girl is thinking "pony". I honestly have no idea who's going to win.

Your little girl is gettin' a pony. Duh!

Having 4 little girls (some not so little any more), they ALWAYS win and get what they want.

Your little girl is gettin' a pony. Duh!

Having 4 little girls (some not so little any more), they ALWAYS win and get what they want.

you just have to convince your girls that they want the same toys you do! :) i only have a 3 year old, but i am already working on her. right now her priorities are Cheerleading, surfing and soccer. i need to work on getting the surfing one up to #1 though!

you just have to convince your girls that they want the same toys you do! :) i only have a 3 year old, but i am already working on her. right now her priorities are Cheerleading, surfing and soccer. i need to work on getting the surfing one up to #1 though!

Oh, dont get me wrong. I have taught my girls to love the sports that I love. They all love the boat - 1 skier/surfer, 1 wakeboarder, 1 kneeboarder, and all 4 tube (dont judge me). They all ride motorcycles with me. They all snow ski/board with me. But, when one asks for something and bats her eyes, daddy gets her a horse. Yes, I have one that is into horses and competes, her team went to nationals in horse judging this past January.

All I'm sayin' is that a pony is in the future for Michigan Boarder.

Congratulations! :yahoo:

Now here is what I would recommend doing. Open a new bank account. Continue paying the monthly boat payment to yourself in the new bank account (that is money you're used to not having so it won't be missed). Then in a few years when you do decide to upgrade you will have a nice amount saved up plus the proceeds from the sale of your old boat. You might be able to buy a new one cash!

That is what we did a few years ago with my wife's old car. It was a nice feeling to be able to buy a new one without taking out a loan. Just a thought.

Way to go, MB.

My boat is the first loan outside of a mortgage in 5+ years. It's a small loan, but a loan it is. Can't wait to not have to pay for it every month.

Actually thinking of selling one of my three cars to pay it off sooner. Yes, they're all paid for, and no, I don't need three (yet). My son will be devastated to know he won't be driving the Accord show stopper to school in 4 years! No, that's not a joke, it's a 95 Accord wagon that I used to SCCA race and do audio shows with. Guess I know where some boat audio is coming from. :whistle:

Edit: and before you all start: Yes, it's all one (stock) color. No, there are no stickers, fender vents, wings, hood scoops, or neons on it and there never were. Just a nice clean factory 5 speed import lowered, sway bars, and wheels. It's not fast, but it'll throw you through the windows in the corners if you're not strapped in.

Edited by jk13

Congratulations! Yahoo.gif

Now here is what I would recommend doing. Open a new bank account. Continue paying the monthly boat payment to yourself in the new bank account (that is money you're used to not having so it won't be missed). Then in a few years when you do decide to upgrade you will have a nice amount saved up plus the proceeds from the sale of your old boat. You might be able to buy a new one cash!

That is what we did a few years ago with my wife's old car. It was a nice feeling to be able to buy a new one without taking out a loan. Just a thought.

That is a VERY good idea. I wish I could do that, but we bought a second house a couple of months ago and this monthly expense had to go to help make that second mortage feasible. But I like the way you're thinking, that's the way to do it!

Edit: first post with the new avatar, man that's funny!

Edited by Michigan boarder

Way to go, MB.

My boat is the first loan outside of a mortgage in 5+ years. It's a small loan, but a loan it is. Can't wait to not have to pay for it every month.

Actually thinking of selling one of my three cars to pay it off sooner. Yes, they're all paid for, and no, I don't need three (yet). My son will be devastated to know he won't be driving the Accord show stopper to school in 4 years! No, that's not a joke, it's a 95 Accord wagon that I used to SCCA race and do audio shows with. Guess I know where some boat audio is coming from. :whistle:

EX or LX? Must be a manual if you did auto-x. Post some pics!

Had a 93 EX 5spd wagon. Rawkd. Miss it.

Congratulations! :yahoo:

Great idea, but he would be lucky to end up with a decent down payment let alone flopping cash for an outright buy.

$300 a month for the next 5 years = $18,000

Sells his boat = $5000

$23,000 total, in 2015 new boats will cost $150-200k :crazy:

Great idea, but he would be lucky to end up with a decent down payment let alone flopping cash for an outright buy.

$300 a month for the next 5 years = $18,000

Sells his boat = $5000

$23,000 total, in 2015 new boats will cost $150-200k :crazy:

True, assuming that he buys a new boat from the dealer. New is relative. In 2015 an eight year old boat, which would still be new to him, might just cost around $25000.

Congrats! :thumbup:

We are following the Dave Ramsey plan and hopefully will be debt free (besides our mortgage) in 2 years....dang student loans and truck payment the only things holding us back.

Congrats! :thumbup:

We are following the Dave Ramsey plan and hopefully will be debt free (besides our mortgage) in 2 years....dang student loans and truck payment the only things holding us back.

We are on the Dave Ramsey plan as well. We should have our boat paid off in December if everything goes accordingly. Just finished paying off the car and the truck. It feels awesome!!!!!!!!