Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What are these?

wkbrdjeff

They look like some sort of trailer style lights that are all faded and hazed out, probably some sort of swimstep lighting that was cheaper than l.e.d.'s?

Looks like a bit of overkill if they're zincs. They look like they belong on a 60' sportfisherman not a 21' trailer boat.

Could be. But it looks like he already has some rust in the exhaust anyway. Guess it was barely enough?

Those definately look like trailer lights, but those are mounted with a rubber gromet that i would not trust to keep water out. I guess some how it works for them?

Those are high intensity hubcap shields. Mounting them on the transom helps displace the trailer weight at speeds over 50mph on the highway towards the center of the trailer. Typically a Johnson rod is installed to connect them so they operate in tandem, but that's usually with jet-drives. There should also be a Knuiten valve inside the helm to control their polar orientation.

Those are high intensity hubcap shields. Mounting them on the transom helps displace the trailer weight at speeds over 50mph on the highway towards the center of the trailer. Typically a Johnson rod is installed to connect them so they operate in tandem, but that's usually with jet-drives. There should also be a Knuiten valve inside the helm to control their polar orientation.

Do whu the huh? :crazy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey MI Boarder,

I've got these same things on my boat, but don't know where to go buy the replacement fluid. I've been to every auto parts store in town, checking in the blinker fluid aisle. All I get is funny looks when I ask the guy at the counter. :dontknow:

Edited by Badger

Hey MI Boarder,

I've got these same things on my boat, but don't know where to go buy the replacement fluid. I've been to every auto parts store in town, checking in the blinker fluid aisle. All I get is funny looks when I ask the guy at the counter. :dontknow:

Badger,

You can buy blinker fluid here.

It's even on sale.

edit, it gets good reviews too.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Badger,

You can buy blinker fluid here.

It's even on sale.

edit, it gets good reviews too.

Given that they are positioned close the the exhaust, and the fact that boats don't have blinkers, I am going to guess that they are muffler bearings. :yes:

If you guys decide to do this mod, make sure you get the chrome reversed muffler bearings, they look better.