Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

interior color questions??

chadwick02

I wish my dealer wasn't 2.5 hours away…

I thought I had decided on interior colors when over there a few days ago, but now I'm beginning to second guess my self…

I chose:

Base color (uner knees): White

Main color (under butt): Moonbeam

Accent: Graphite (diamond grain)

Whelt beading: Rred (ruben or regal, see my other thread for that debate…)

But I'm wondering if the graphite accent is going to be too hot? And if the moonbeam is going to be too light? Does anyone have a picture of moonbeam? I thought it was an off-white – like an ivory color (like the color of the moon…duhhh), but in researching on here it looks like it's a light shade of gray???

Outside of the boat is going to be red and white, and sterling (gray) carpet

Average temps up here are only in the 70's and 80's, so while dark colors are still not the greatest idea I think its not going to be as big a deal as for you guys in the south.

Any good ideas? Easy maintenance is the most critical to me – BUT I have white base (under knees) on my current boat and because it is smooth it is very easy to keep clean…

that's the only reason why I thought a white base on the new one would be a good idea.

After getting totally confused about what I wanted and trying to use ispec which does not do the colors justice, I started looking at pictures of other peoples boats and found something that I like, a lot. Anyone know what the colors are here?

post-1978-127135606442_thumb.jpg

post-1978-127135616531_thumb.jpg

Get Malibu to send color samples. If I had not done that my colors would have been all wrong.

I would not use white anywhere. In my opinion, white does not belong on a boat interior. Just too hard to keep clean. I'm pretty sure the colors in your photo are the same as mine.

knees-moonbeam

butt- light graphite

accent-graphite

Light graphite does get hot in the sun and graphite gets dang hot. I deal with it because I think it looks hot too.

here's mine

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=817848

I thought I had decided on interior colors when over there a few days ago, but now I'm beginning to second guess my self…

I chose:

But I'm wondering if the graphite accent is going to be too hot? And if the moonbeam is going to be too light? Does anyone have a picture of moonbeam? I thought it was an off-white like an ivory color (like the color of the moon…duhhh), but in researching on here it looks like it's a light shade of gray???

Average temps up here are only in the 70's and 80's, so while dark colors are still not the greatest idea I think its not going to be as big a deal as for you guys in the south.

Any good ideas? Easy maintenance is the most critical to me BUT I have white base (under knees) on my current boat and because it is smooth it is very easy to keep clean…

that's the only reason why I thought a white base on the new one would be a good idea.

After getting totally confused about what I wanted and trying to use ispec which does not do the colors justice, I started looking at pictures of other peoples boats and found something that I like, a lot. Anyone know what the colors are here?

Those pics look like Moonbeam base (lightest color), main color light graphite seating area, and graphite accents with red piping.

Looks like skyskier beat me to it.

Edited by 06vlx

One word of advice, do not order the accent (diamond grain) white. It is a major pain to keep clean. Our first boat had this. Our second we ordered with light graphite (diamond grain) accent. It looks great with the sterling carpet.

I have a 2010 Response LXI red/white hull. Interior is white, moonbeam, and light graphite, red bead. Very happy with it. I thought the graphite was too dark and overpowered the look.

One word of advice, do not order the accent (diamond grain) white. It is a major pain to keep clean. Our first boat had this. Our second we ordered with light graphite (diamond grain) accent. It looks great with the sterling carpet.

Really, really good advice.

I chose:

But I'm wondering if the graphite accent is going to be too hot? And if the moonbeam is going to be too light? Does anyone have a picture of moonbeam? I thought it was an off-white – like an ivory color (like the color of the moon…duhhh), but in researching on here it looks like it's a light shade of gray???

Any good ideas? Easy maintenance is the most critical to me – BUT I have white base (under knees) on my current boat and because it is smooth it is very easy to keep clean…

hey, thats my boat!!!!!!! when it was being prepared to give to me haha

I ordered exactly what you have listed....white under the knees, moonbeam main, graphite accent. Other than on the sun deck, I don't see where you're really going to have an issue with the accent being hot..not enough of it. My original choice was all white w graphite accent. I think that is the sharpest looking, but didn't want to have 2 deal with cleaning it constantly and being pissed about girls nail polish streaks all over it (is it just me or does that happen to you guys too?). I disagree that you shouldn't have white in the interior...considerable contrasts are what sets interiors apart...a bunch of gray tones makes for a pretty boring interior....my last boat had it and it screamed utility, not looks. I say stick w ur original thoughts...its a good middle ground.

I ordered exactly what you have listed....white under the knees, moonbeam main, graphite accent. Other than on the sun deck, I don't see where you're really going to have an issue with the accent being hot..not enough of it. My original choice was all white w graphite accent. I think that is the sharpest looking, but didn't want to have 2 deal with cleaning it constantly and being pissed about girls nail polish streaks all over it (is it just me or does that happen to you guys too?). I disagree that you shouldn't have white in the interior...considerable contrasts are what sets interiors apart...a bunch of gray tones makes for a pretty boring interior....my last boat had it and it screamed utility, not looks. I say stick w ur original thoughts...its a good middle ground.

She would be missing and I'd probably be in jail if that ever happened on my boat!

Um.........there would be a chalk outline on my sterling grey carpet to show where the body was found.

hey, thats my boat!!!!!!! when it was being prepared to give to me haha

sweet man! can you confirm those colors?

Edited by chadwick02

Get Malibu to send color samples. If I had not done that my colors would have been all wrong.

I would not use white anywhere. In my opinion, white does not belong on a boat interior. Just too hard to keep clean. I'm pretty sure the colors in your photo are the same as mine.

knees-moonbeam

butt- light graphite

accent-graphite

Light graphite does get hot in the sun and graphite gets dang hot. I deal with it because I think it looks hot too.

here's mine

http://www.onlyinboa....aspx?ID=817848

I have a fair bit of white and agree it is a pain to keep clean.....would do less next time

But I'm wondering if the graphite accent is going to be too hot?

And if the moonbeam is going to be too light? Does anyone have a picture of moonbeam?

Is it just me or is the name of your "under butt" color, uhm, strange? :whistle:

And with that said I don’t think your accent color could possibly be too hot. :whistle:

As for being too light and having pics, well, get a tan and keep the pics to yourself. :whistle: