Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual outlet Tsunami pump

travlnmannn

Getting ready to buy some Tsunami pumps and I keep seeing the Dual outlet pumps. Realizing it will take longer to pump but my place is on the water so I can hit the fill and grab some coffee no problemos with time. Anyone have these on their setups? Thanks

Getting ready to buy some Tsunami pumps and I keep seeing the Dual outlet pumps. Realizing it will take longer to pump but my place is on the water so I can hit the fill and grab some coffee no problemos with time. Anyone have these on their setups? Thanks

Those dual outlet pumps are oxygenator pumps and the small outlet is just to circulate water. It's usually a different size than the standard outlet (anything over 3/4" anyways). I'm not sure how it would work out for you?

Edit: I meant oxygenator not livewell.

Edited by 06vlx

1144672c_2_2.gif

* The Tsunami second outlet is integrated into the pressure chamber, so it looks and pumps like part of the aerator

* Beneath the standard 3/4" barbed outlet, there's a second hose-threaded outlet on the pressure housing

* Both outlets are engineered for the precise position and angle that will deliver optimum performance

* Get twice the value because the new dual outlet Tsunami Aerator is actually a multifunction pump

* You get separate outlets for two livewells

* Run a livewell and a separate low-pressure washdown outlet

* Three-year warranty

http://www.iboats.com/Tsunami-Cartridge-Dual-Outlet-Aerator-Pump-880GPH-Attwood/dm/view_id.341140

Looks like that could work...

Cervelo those are the kind of pumps I installed in my new ballast system, accept mine are Johnson pumps 950 gph.

i see west marine has them for $40. are they 3/4"?

and are they the same thread as the tsunami (for screwing into a W747, fly high bag thread to tsunami pump thread)?

Looks like that could work...

Cervelo those are the kind of pumps I installed in my new ballast system, accept mine are Johnson pumps 950 gph.

and are they the same thread as the tsunami (for screwing into a W747, fly high bag thread to tsunami pump thread)?

They are regular thread, they thread right into the thru-hull fittings. I didn't try to screw them into the bag, don't think it's the right thread.

thanks, heading to WM right now.

Shawndoggy is right. I'm talking about the Tsunami Dual outlet aerator. My idea is using it as the supply to 2 bags. I just bought 4 bags and was doing the financial math on all the pumps. If I can do 6 pumps instead of 8 I would be a happy camper.

Cervelo: How did you do at WM? I'm on business in Miami and all the ones here close at 7 :cry: No time to make it there.

Edit: So it wouldn't hurt to run some ball valves on both supply lines to isolate if your in a hurry. I guess it all boils down to how fast you want to get moving.

Edited by travlnmannn

Shawndoggy is right. I'm talking about the Tsunami Dual outlet aerator. My idea is using it as the supply to 2 bags. I just bought 4 bags and was doing the financial math on all the pumps. If I can do 6 pumps instead of 8 I would be a happy camper.

Cervelo: How did you do at WM? I'm on business in Miami and all the ones here close at 7 :cry: No time to make it there.

they did not have any in stock, they are bringing some in for me, should be here within a week.

I like the idea of the 950gph pumps, as it will help make up for the loss of volume pumping up a 2+ foot head (at 3.3 ft head the gph drops to 670 on the 800gph tsunami).

here is the WM link to the pump:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/366371?&cid=chanintel&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=366371

On the johnson pump were you also thinking the dual outlet? The info on the Tsunami says both are apart of the pressure. As where the Johnson Dual outlet talks about livewell to circulate water. Wondering if there would be enough pressure on the Johnson. Keep in mind I'm ballast stupid :loser:

On the johnson pump were you also thinking the dual outlet? The info on the Tsunami says both are apart of the pressure. As where the Johnson Dual outlet talks about livewell to circulate water. Wondering if there would be enough pressure on the Johnson. Keep in mind I'm ballast stupid :loser:

They are rated at Gallons per hour. Cervelo those are indeed the ones I used, upper left hand corner of the link in 950 gph.

They are rated at Gallons per hour. Cervelo those are indeed the ones I used, upper left hand corner of the link in 950 gph.

So dual outlet= 475gph per outlet? :crazy:

I would say that would be close. i plan to plug one hole though.

I don't know about plugging holes that should be for a p*** forum or something :whistle: I'm thinking using the dual outlet to fill dual bags is the way I'm going to go. Probably go ahead and put some ball valves on the lines to speed things up if I'm really in a hurry. I see it as a way to take time for another shot of courage while the bags fill up :cheers: