Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dealers

board brained

Question for the members here, has there ever been a section of this website that is focused on member views on dealers? I searched a few sections and could not find anything (however I suck at this), if there is could someone forward link.

If not was wondering if there should be one? I used the site when looking at buying a malibu and alot after buying, the members have given me alot of great advice and comments. Whether it is buying a boat or looking for service, parts etc having a resource to go to which is made up of owners experiencies and comments re dealers I think would be helpful.

Some dealers are great, some are not, some close and we need advise on where else to go....I just beleive this would or could be good for us.

Question for the members here, has there ever been a section of this website that is focused on member views on dealers? I searched a few sections and could not find anything (however I suck at this), if there is could someone forward link.

If not was wondering if there should be one? I used the site when looking at buying a malibu and alot after buying, the members have given me alot of great advice and comments. Whether it is buying a boat or looking for service, parts etc having a resource to go to which is made up of owners experiencies and comments re dealers I think would be helpful.

Some dealers are great, some are not, some close and we need advise on where else to go....I just beleive this would or could be good for us.

Plus1.gif

Darryl Moores Marine in Houston Texas is the best, most honorable, stand behind your word boat dealer I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They have created a loyal customer and a raving Malibu fan in me and my lovely bride.

From what I hear it would be nice if we all had a Bakes in our neighborhoods. Hopefully only good references are made. I don't think it would be healthy to bash a dealership on here and potentially turn off customers based on a couple opinions and/or bad experiences.

NoWake here in Cincy (and service at Lake Norris, TN) area is great for both boating & ski/boarding supplies.

Though with the migration from primarily ski boats to primarily wakeboard boats - NoWake is a little ironic. The did have a second location for a while named KnowWake, but it closed with the economic downturn.

Chessie Marine in Elkton Maryland. From sales to service you cannot find a better group of people. The can do attitude starts with the owners and trickles down. I am on my third boat with them, so we are talking about a level of satisfaction that has remained constant over the long haul. Warranty claims. even the ones that fell into a grey area, have been handled quickly and without question.

Even though I found a buyer for my last boat on my own, Chessie offered to do the transaction at their dealership and handle the paperwork just to make sure the sale went well. When the buyer was unhappy with the prop, Chessie had their service guys do some swapping until the buyer was happy. At one point, I had no less than three service guys answering my buyers questions and assuring him that a small warranty issue would be taken care of promptly. Chessie did not make a dime from this. It was more like a friend helping a friend. The buyer sent them a very nice thank you note and I sent a stack of Dominoe's pizzas.

When the Waterskiing Santa Show came up short on boats, Chessie sent not one, but two new Malibus along with a crew of boat handlers who gave up their regular Christmas Eve activities to help out. These guys worked until midnight winterizing boats, and still showed up at the ramp two hours away at 9:00 AM.

Last year I needed my boat for an event, but had no time to pick it up from the dealership. The owner delivered it to me personally, 1.5 hours away.

Right now I have no boat. The old one is gone and the new one is on order. When I told the sales guy I needed a boat for an upcoming event, he said "how about a loaner.......would that one over there be ok?"

Total and complete satisfaction. These guys rock! :rockon:

From what I hear it would be nice if we all had a Bakes in our neighborhoods. Hopefully only good references are made. I don't think it would be healthy to bash a dealership on here and potentially turn off customers based on a couple opinions and/or bad experiences.

Agreed. It would just turn into a Hot Topic and WG would have to close the thread.

Plus1.gif lucky for me, i do have Bakes in my neighborhood. i am sure that by now, they have gotten sick of me stopping in to ask random questions and 'window shop', but they are always there to answer my questions and help me out!

Agreed. It would just turn into a Hot Topic and WG would have to close the thread.

interesting and a little sad....... agree that not all experiences are good, however alot are. We spend alot of money on these boats, parts and service. I like hearing the good and the bad as I think it helps me when dealing with things. never thought about it being a "flamer" thread, more of a "this is how I get treated"....

my experiences to date have been good and I am the type that relys on my dealer for alot more than just warranty, they pretty much get all the biz as it relates to maintanance, addons, etc...........

anyway I can see the point thinking about it after the fact.....

Isn't that what this site is all about. The good things and that bad things about what we may potentially buy. Whether it be a boat, speakers, tower, waterski, boom, rack etc. This forum is a community of people trying to help other people out. Allowing people to learn from others mistakes. And I think it would be super helpful to know what's good and whats not as well as who's willing to help and who's just looking to make a buck. I have no real close dealer but 4 in the 4-7hr range. I would find it very valuable knowing which dealer is going to work with me as opposed to which dealer is going to try and 'screw me over' and make some extra cash. I figure if everyones bashing a dealer and as a result no one buys anything from them than its the dealers fault, not the forums. From what I've read here Bakes, and Tillys aren't going to struggle by it. Heck if it wasn't a 3 day drive I'd probably be buying from either of them.

Nick

Edited by TrickyNicky

Isn't that what this site is all about. The good things and that bad things about what we may potentially buy. Whether it be a boat, speakers, tower, waterski, boom, rack etc. This forum is a community of people trying to help other people out. Allowing people to learn from others mistakes. And I think it would be super helpful to know what's good and whats not as well as who's willing to help and who's just looking to make a buck. I have no real close dealer but 4 in the 4-7hr range. I would find it very valuable knowing which dealer is going to work with me as opposed to which dealer is going to try and 'screw me over' and make some extra cash. I figure if everyones bashing a dealer and as a result no one buys anything from them than its the dealers fault, not the forums. From what I've read here Bakes, and Tillys aren't going to struggle by it. Heck if it wasn't a 3 day drive I'd probably be buying from either of them.

Nick

First of all I really doubt you'll ever get more than a couple people on here to say they had a negative experience with the same dealer. For alot of potential buyers, it would only take 1 comment to steer them in another direction by hearing that information. Just remember that you're only getting 1 side of the story, there's a lot of PITA boat owner's out there. Malibu needs it dealers, dealers need customers, customers need dealers, and we all need Malibu :thumbup: JM2C

First of all I really doubt you'll ever get more than a couple people on here to say they had a negative experience with the same dealer. For alot of potential buyers, it would only take 1 comment to steer them in another direction by hearing that information. Just remember that you're only getting 1 side of the story, there's a lot of PITA boat owner's out there. Malibu needs it dealers, dealers need customers, customers need dealers, and we all need Malibu :thumbup: JM2C

Agree that your definitely going to get some people that read this like its set in stone. But I think there'd be a bunch of comments on each dealer and most people could average it out. From what I think and what you've said that I agree on, I think we almost want a 'Dealer Analysis' that only Malibu owners/buyers will read. To steer a malibu buyer in the right direction but not steer a potential buyer away and into an MC or CC.loser.gif

Just as an example I had a dealer tell me I didn't need bow ballast and that no one uses it on a VTX. Maybe no one he sold to needed it because they didn't have it but being informed from lots of people on this forum/threads I know it helps a lot with both surfing and Slalom. Someone who lacks these little bits of information probably would have bought the boat and maybe later would have appreciated a 'dealer analysis'. Once again JM2C

By the way anyone have comments/experiences about Paris Marine in Peterborough, Ontario.Dontknow.gif

Nick

Edited by TrickyNicky

I guess I'm lucky and don't have to worry about it since Bakes is my dealer. Everyone knows how good Bakes is, whether it's their dealer or not.

interesting and a little sad....... agree that not all experiences are good, however alot are. We spend alot of money on these boats, parts and service. I like hearing the good and the bad as I think it helps me when dealing with things. never thought about it being a "flamer" thread, more of a "this is how I get treated"....

my experiences to date have been good and I am the type that relys on my dealer for alot more than just warranty, they pretty much get all the biz as it relates to maintanance, addons, etc...........

anyway I can see the point thinking about it after the fact.....

Good point but it just takes one or two people to blast away and many others will jump on it...not that I ever have mind you. :innocent::whistle: I don't use a Bu dealer because there's not one near me. I do most maintenance myself or take it to a local "mom & pop" boat shop that does very good work. I have an older boat so I don't have to deal with warranty and frankly, my boat rarely breaks down. Actualy, it have never broke down while on the water.

Darryl Moores Marine in Houston Texas is the best, most honorable, stand behind your word boat dealer I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They have created a loyal customer and a raving Malibu fan in me and my lovely bride.

I have to agree with Rhino on Darryl Moore's Marine in Houston.

We have had excellent dealings with both sales and service. In fact, I spent quite a bit of time over there yesterday while I was waiting for my window tinter to finish our 23 LSV before I dropped it off at the dealership for normal service. (Take good care of my baby BIG JAY!!)

Edited by WhoaNellie

Maybe there could be a rating system, like "customer reviews" with stars and such. Different areas for sales, service, parts, after sale relationship, etc. Just an idea.

As much as everyone here likes Bake's and their reputation is very good, even they had an unhappy client on here recently. It got resolved and I believe turned out to be miscommunication, just saying it happens to the best of them.

Agree that your definitely going to get some people that read this like its set in stone. But I think there'd be a bunch of comments on each dealer and most people could average it out. From what I think and what you've said that I agree on, I think we almost want a 'Dealer Analysis' that only Malibu owners/buyers will read. To steer a malibu buyer in the right direction but not steer a potential buyer away and into an MC or CC.loser.gif

Just as an example I had a dealer tell me I didn't need bow ballast and that no one uses it on a VTX. Maybe no one he sold to needed it because they didn't have it but being informed from lots of people on this forum/threads I know it helps a lot with both surfing and Slalom. Someone who lacks these little bits of information probably would have bought the boat and maybe later would have appreciated a 'dealer analysis'. Once again JM2C

By the way anyone have comments/experiences about Paris Marine in Peterborough, Ontario.Dontknow.gif

Nick

Alot of new members get on here to research and I would hope that dealership information is one of those factors many are inquiring about. If they're not completely sold on Malibu, I think those comments certainly could steer them in the doors of CC and MC. My next closest BU dealer is 90 miles away, not really that far but if I heard the local BU dealer sucked then I would certainly continue my boat search with other manufacturers that are local, lets face it they all (BU, CC, MC) make good boats (not considering price :biggrin: ).

Alot of new members get on here to research and I would hope that dealership information is one of those factors many are inquiring about. If they're not completely sold on Malibu, I think those comments certainly could steer them in the doors of CC and MC. My next closest BU dealer is 90 miles away, not really that far but if I heard the local BU dealer sucked then I would certainly continue my boat search with other manufacturers that are local, lets face it they all (BU, CC, MC) make good boats (not considering price :biggrin: ).

Thats precisely what I meant, It would be nice if we could have it so ONLY malibu 'owners/buyers' could read it. I realize this isn't actually possible, just that it would be the ideal situation. Also I guess it really depends on who reads it. You seem lucky enough to have dealers around you so you shop whats around. I have to drive so far that I choose my boat first knowing that despite my choice I'll be driving far anyways. Yes 'we' up here in the north have tremendous jealousy for you southerns. 90 miles would be AWESOME!! 170 miles is my CLOSEST dealerCry.gif

After living in an area that had a notoriously horrible Bu dealer, I now have a great dealer. Idaho Water Sports in Nampa is great. The manager there has been great, and even tho I've only used the service there once, the service manager was great too.

The problem with having public dealer reviews is that some buyers/owners are not realistic at all. If they have one little problem they bash the heck out of the dealer and/or Malibu. I have read many of those threads in the past and they are always one sided. There are always two sides to every story, and the dealer's side is never heard. If you have a problem with your dealer talk to him/her and work it out. Be polite and reasonable in your requests, and I am sure you will get good results.

I'm one of those guys that picks the dealer and then buys the boat. Granted - I'm not the $50k - $60k boat guy so I'm on the very low end of interesting to a dealer. I also do most of my own work. Which puts me even lower. But I bought a Malibu because Tinus in Pewaukee, WI is the servicing dealer and I trust him. When I need to take it in, I know who's going to be working on it.

Conversely, I would never buy a brand that is carried by Skipper Buds. Even though they carry Malibu in Madison, WI - they are not the servicing dealer in Milwaukee.

There have been so many threads about a dealership not servicing boats not purchased from them - it just seems that the dealer IS the brand. At least that's my theory.