Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ruben V.S. Regal

chadwick02

I'm having a tough time telling the difference between ruben and regal. I even went to the dealer last night and we still had a tough time telling a difference since we could not get the two colors side by side and under the same light.

If anyone's got pictures of boats with either color please post up or attach a link!

Thanks,

Chad

Regal red is what I consider "actual" red.--bright red. the rueben has a darker tint to it,,maybe like a touch of maroon. I prefer the regal,,but I guess it depends what other colors it would be going with.

I'm having a tough time telling the difference between ruben and regal. I even went to the dealer last night and we still had a tough time telling a difference since we could not get the two colors side by side and under the same light.

If anyone's got pictures of boats with either color please post up or attach a link!

Thanks,

Chad

Here is my last boat Reuben and Charcoal. I much prefer Reuben over Regal, especially in person.

P2210180.jpg

P2210181.jpg

LakeCushman023.jpg

This is one of them, not sure which though :)

That looks like the Regal to me. the Ruben is darker than that.

It's a personal thing, but I like the Ruben better with the Black - of course I may be a bit biased.

Regal is a brighter red that looks good with white, for a very bright looking boat. Ruben is a darker red that looks good with black for a more muted look. At least that's how they look to my eye -- sorry I don't have pictures to share. I hope that helps.

yarrrrrrrrrggggggg this is killin me guys! Thanks for all the responses. NOW I can see the difference - if you put post 5 and 8 next to each other there is a difference. BUT, the other color on the boat I want to order is white. The Ruben in that picture is against black. Does anyone have pictures of ruben and white?? I do like the way sixball's response in regal looks... I want something that is loud, bold, and noticeable.

yarrrrrrrrrggggggg this is killin me guys! Thanks for all the responses. NOW I can see the difference - if you put post 5 and 8 next to each other there is a difference. BUT, the other color on the boat I want to order is white. The Ruben in that picture is against black. Does anyone have pictures of ruben and white?? I do like the way sixball's response in regal looks... I want something that is loud, bold, and noticeable.

It seems like it was the 2008 brochure that had a 247 RX with Reuben and white. Those catalogs might be available online.

I found it look here. It's on page 25 I think.

Edited by Molarbu

Be prepared for the candy cane jokes.

Thats what i figured when i bought mine,I dont know if its regal or Reuben but its candy cane for sure :lol:

DSCN2295.jpg

Thanks,

Chad

This is reuben.

Regal would be a much brighter red.

First-Day-2010.jpg

Bold! You need to get a hold of Skiers Pier in Michigan. There demo Response this year is the sweetest boat I have ever seen. Metalic Red, Black and white. Interior is Lt. Graphite, Moonbeam and Graphite!

My 03 was regal and white. I'd personally pick regal...but I like having a boat that sticks out and draws attention. Boat was 6 yrs old and I still had people complimenting me on it. Ok...this won't be popular...it all matters if you want a look at me boat or an old man boat. And don't forget to consider resale...for the type of boat your buying, what would attract future buyers more (anticipated age group, etc.). For a wakeboard boat, I wouldn't put any other red on other than regal. For a direct drive, I'd probably be more conservative. But on the flip side, I do like wheni see direct drives all gelled up in fishing boat metallics.

Edited by bennekm

My 03 was regal and white. I'd personally pick regal...but I like having a boat that sticks out and draws attention. Boat was 6 yrs old and I still had people complimenting me on it. Ok...this won't be popular...it all matters if you want a look at me boat or an old man boat. And don't forget to consider resale...for the type of boat your buying, what would attract future buyers more (anticipated age group, etc.). For a wakeboard boat. I wouldn't put and other red on other than regal. For a direct drive, I'd probably make it look like a sweet fishing boat and do some metallics.

:rofl: Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not everywhere.

:rofl: Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not everywhere.

Possibly its a geographical bias...but I don't think I've seen a stock wakeboard boat ordered in ruban at either of the dealerships by me...they are always regal. Rubans are custom ordered. But then again, they just got in a black and green lsv without maliview...so maybe that's not helping support my cause.