Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Buying a boat out of state

PStew67

The fiberglass guy called the damage, "tearout from the fins and struts". He said he had to make a crack repair to the inside bottom of the boat 1 years later. I doubt any warranty would transfer over to me since I'm the second owner and out of state.

I didn't think it would this hard to find a good sub-20K malibu v-drive. The other vlx I was looking at had "mud" on the hull that the dealer called oxidation. I thought oxidation meant fading/yellowing from the sun.

If you think you still want to pursue this boat let me know my brother lives in KC and it may not be to far to go see it for him. I has a great eye for detail. i would trust him to look at anything that i would want to purchase. He has also been around boats his whole life. His dad was a great mechanic, boats that is.