Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover Options

Catch

Does Bake's use the evolution cover? Mine looks the same as that. I have horrible problems with the cover pooling up water in the middle when it rains.Got one of those poles and that seems just to have stretched the material out.

No Bakes makes their own covers, but they are made differently than the Evolution covers. The only real similarities are that they are both Sunbrella fabric.

You also should not be using a pole with your Bake's cover. Take that pole out and make sure the cover is tight on the boat, the next hot sunny day will shrink the cover back up to where it was before.

Edited by 06vlx
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• Bill_AirJunky

• Catch

• Ndawg12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Bakes makes their own covers, but they are made differently than the Evolution covers. The only real similarities are that they are both Sunbrella fabric.

You also should not be using a pole with your Bake's cover. Take that pole out and make sure the cover is tight on the boat, the next hot sunny day will shrink the cover back up to where it was before.

huh. I talked to Paul about my problem with pooling and he reccomended the pole.

huh. I talked to Paul about my problem with pooling and he reccomended the pole.

The pole is a last resort and shouldn't be needed if the cover is installed right.

My evolution cover is garbage, that doesn't mean I think there is something better out there, but mine has stretched out twice, had to mail it back twice to be sewn, shipping 30 each way. all the side clips have torn away from the cover, and the velcro rubs the shine off the gelcoat while trailering. Not impressed.

My evolution cover is garbage, that doesn't mean I think there is something better out there, but mine has stretched out twice, had to mail it back twice to be sewn, shipping 30 each way. all the side clips have torn away from the cover, and the velcro rubs the shine off the gelcoat while trailering. Not impressed.

Wow I've never heard of anyone ever having all of these issues. You do know the side clips use velcro to attach to the inside of the cover so the user can adjust them as needed, if they ripped away put them back in place correctly. Maybe you had them adjusted wrong.

martinarcher

HEhe, good problem to have, huh. Hope we've contributed to that "problem" a little. :rockon:

It's actually pretty typical this time of year for most any business in the industry. I usually try & get this stuff done in the winter when they are sitting around with nothing to do. Many times their prices are better, not to mention lead times.

Sure have. I'm spreading the Evolution word across the family. Biggrin.gif

My uncle just got his for his VLX. He is thrilled. Another Plus1.gif for Cory!