Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cover Options

Catch

Just thinking about the cleats situation. I'm gonna have to make sure there are cut-outs for the cleats to pop upso that I can tie the boat up. Hopefully this doesn't create too many problems...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bobby Light

• Bill_AirJunky

• Catch

• Ndawg12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's never to late with Cory.

Another option I liked was MartinArcher had Cory stitch in a different colored piece on the bottom side of the bow to make it easier to find when putting the cover on.

I like the idea of a different color underneath, obviously not the first time for these guys.

Thanks for the heads-up on the opening for the gas tanks, great idea too!

If you are ordering a cover just be aware that Cory is SWAMPED. I just got off the phone with him and business is GOOD right now. If you are going to go that route, you may want to order the cover when you order the boat.

If you are ordering a cover just be aware that Cory is SWAMPED.

HEhe, good problem to have, huh. Hope we've contributed to that "problem" a little. :rockon:

It's actually pretty typical this time of year for most any business in the industry. I usually try & get this stuff done in the winter when they are sitting around with nothing to do. Many times their prices are better, not to mention lead times.

HEhe, good problem to have, huh. Hope we've contributed to that "problem" a little. :rockon:

It's actually pretty typical this time of year for most any business in the industry. I usually try & get this stuff done in the winter when they are sitting around with nothing to do. Many times their prices are better, not to mention lead times.

Yeah I was at Cory's house on Tuesday and he's been swamped since he did my cover this time last year. The cream is rising to the top.

Evolution all the way. Not to mention the great customer service.

I will throw my 2 cents in also. Cory makes an excellent cover and his customer service is second to none. It's worth the money.

Unfortunately, I received the cover last week.... :(

It's a very easy thing to add. Cory may be able to supply the material & you could have someone locally cut the hole & sew the flap on. It's probably a 10 minute job.

I used to have the CS cover with a teak platform. My boat sat on a lift all summer w/o a canopy. I only had to refinish the teak once per summer, which I assume is attributed to it being covered most of the time.

For those with the Evolution, that doesn't cover the fiberglass platform, is there an issue with sun fading of the rubber on the platform?

Edited by Badger

HEhe, good problem to have, huh. Hope we've contributed to that "problem" a little. Rockon.gif

When I talked to him he has a lot more orders than he expected to have. I think with Rankin going out, he has picked up a lot of business. He did say that he was getting a lot of business from TMC as well.

I used to have the CS cover with a teak platform. My boat sat on a lift all summer w/o a canopy. I only had to refinish the teak once per summer, which I assume is attributed to it being covered most of the time.

For those with the Evolution, that doesn't cover the fiberglass platform, is there an issue with sun fading of the rubber on the platform?

When I was at Cory's house on Tuesday he told me he was working on a cover for the swim platform. Stay tuned.

When I was at Cory's house on Tuesday he told me he was working on a cover for the swim platform. Stay tuned.

Ha! Run with it, Cory!

Badger, I made this out of an old EZ-Up awning that blew over in the wind.

swimstepcover-1.jpg

Ha! Run with it, Cory!

Badger, I made this out of an old EZ-Up awning that blew over in the wind.

swimstepcover-1.jpg

Thanks guys. Bill, if I remember right you have a teak platform under that cover, correct? If Cory does come up with something that'd be great and I'd definitely order it, instead of going with the CS cover.

But back to my question, and sorry if this is a hijack, does the foam on the swim step fade if left in the sun for long periods of time? Such as all summer. If not, then I'd have no worries about getting the Evo cover, even without the swim step cover, if I buy a new(er) boat.

Years ago Rankin made covers that also entended over the platform. For the times I use the cover covering the swim platform isn't worth it since I only cover during trips to the lake and while in the water. If I had to stoar it outside it'd be no brainer...

I have a fiberglass platform and the boat sits out in the sun all season as I keep the boat moored. This will be year 5 and the platform still looks new.

On my old 'Bu, one of the things that pushed me to get a new cover (a Rankin at the time) was that the cover that came with the boat covered the platform and it got pretty nasty pretty quickly sitting in the river. I did have to do maintenance on that deck as it was teak, but have not had the same issues with the fiberglass. The other problem I had with the teak deck, was that it seemed to attract ducks and I was always cleaning duck poop off of the deck. That has not been a problem with the fiberglass deck.

I have a fiberglass platform and the boat sits out in the sun all season as I keep the boat moored. This will be year 5 and the platform still looks new.

Perfect, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Does Bake's use the evolution cover? Mine looks the same as that. I have horrible problems with the cover pooling up water in the middle when it rains.Got one of those poles and that seems just to have stretched the material out.

Does Bake's use the evolution cover? Mine looks the same as that. I have horrible problems with the cover pooling up water in the middle when it rains.Got one of those poles and that seems just to have stretched the material out.

No!! I think they are CS (Commercial Sewing) covers. Evolutions do use or need a pole.

I've jsut made sure my CS cover is tighened down real well and rain really rolls off well. When it was raining hard, rarity in CA, I had the pole up but only slightly as I didn't stretch the material and again it works like a champ. Sunbrella material that Cory uses in his Evolution Covers won't stretch as much as the CS does.