Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 i-Ride help needed

Hi folks, have only just signed up tonight so hello one and all.

Im looking for some kind assistance.

I have a 05 I-Ride 5.7 indmar, have just revived from a cold winter and the boat will start off the key but once the primed fuel is gone it shuts down.

I have changed the icm on the distributore and still the same, have also bridged out/and bypassed the oil pressure switch to make sure thats ok took a straight feed from the starter to the fuel pump thats fine and also bypassed the ignition switch which also seems fine same goes for the kill switch thats also fine. I dont know if this is right but seems as if the injectors are being cut electronically and not kicking in after the cold start injector. Also before the end of last season we cleaned the hole boat and tryed to give it one last run, but it flashed ecu check on the dash there is no one I can find with software to check this and since the end of the season this warning has never been back. The only difference is with the check on the dash the boat did not start the fuel pump didn't prime now the check is away and fuel pump primes, boat starts but then cuts out straight after.

Sorry this is alot I know but its the start of the new season and I am stuck, any help would be awsome cheers :cry:

harsh problem-sounds like you will figure it our though. I am sure you know all of this but I start with new fuel filter every season. When my 05 xti was new it would sometimes idle and act goofy on starts. Then it died on me ounce four summers back, didnt want to start. We sat a minute then it started and was fine. I totally forgot about it. Then again beginning of last season, shut it off and it would not start back up. I was a little p.off but checked fuses and saw the lanyard hanging thier- thought to check that- It was the lanyard switch- it needed pulled out further so i wrapped some tape around the clip. No problems since. Loose connections, grounds, lanyards, week batteries, exe, will make your rigs computer bug out like it is shorting - I always start simple- BAKES marine online has fuel pumps and lots of goodies for when you find your problem-good luck greg.

Hi folks, have only just signed up tonight so hello one and all.

Im looking for some kind assistance.

I have a 05 I-Ride 5.7 indmar, have just revived from a cold winter and the boat will start off the key but once the primed fuel is gone it shuts down.

I have changed the icm on the distributore and still the same, have also bridged out/and bypassed the oil pressure switch to make sure thats ok took a straight feed from the starter to the fuel pump thats fine and also bypassed the ignition switch which also seems fine same goes for the kill switch thats also fine. I dont know if this is right but seems as if the injectors are being cut electronically and not kicking in after the cold start injector. Also before the end of last season we cleaned the hole boat and tryed to give it one last run, but it flashed ecu check on the dash there is no one I can find with software to check this and since the end of the season this warning has never been back. The only difference is with the check on the dash the boat did not start the fuel pump didn't prime now the check is away and fuel pump primes, boat starts but then cuts out straight after.

Sorry this is alot I know but its the start of the new season and I am stuck, any help would be awsome cheers :cry:

99response, motor, gregb you guys ever have considered becoming supporters? this site is so worth it! anyone else agrees????

:welcome:

Thanks for the advice.

I have contacted Malibu they think it could be TDC pick-up on the crank,

Not sending the signal.

Is there software for this engine that is available for my lap-top.

And again thanks for the help boys & girls.

No software available for your laptop, only the Indmar dealers get that stuff.

A code reader for the MEFI system will work to pull codes, hours, etc.

-Chris