Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How hard is it to Replace this?

3 screws, pop the black/chrome bezel off, unscrew the gauge, unhook some harnesses, re-hook some harnesses, screw the gauge back in, put the black/chrome bezel piece back on, put 3 screws back in...??

that's just a guess, any guidance would be appreciated.

post-8316-127117408011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ndawg12

I think your guess is right. It should not be much different than the regular 5inch gauges once you pop out the dash pod and are able to see behind the gauges.

Yeah, I got the idea from one of your pics in another topic, but wasn't 100% sure it would be set up the same.

3 screws, pop the black/chrome bezel off, unscrew the gauge, unhook some harnesses, re-hook some harnesses, screw the gauge back in, put the black/chrome bezel piece back on, put 3 screws back in...??

that's just a guess, any guidance would be appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to replace it?

A follow up question is, if you bought a new one did you get a schematic? I'd love to know what wire controls the light in that thing so I could put a dimmer on it. When I turn the lights on at night I feel like I'm going to get a sunburn (not to mention I can't see past the windshield when it's shining at me)

I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer, but never received a response from them.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you need to replace it?

A follow up question is, if you bought a new one did you get a schematic? I'd love to know what wire controls the light in that thing so I could put a dimmer on it. When I turn the lights on at night I feel like I'm going to get a sunburn (not to mention I can't see past the windshield when it's shining at me)

I sent an e-mail to the manufacturer, but never received a response from them.

My dealer was able to warranty it for me, the bottom half of the screen was starting to turn hazy and hard to see during the day. I'm not 100% sure they will just give me the gauge yet, but I'm hoping so, so that I don't have to pull the boat to them, drop it off, and pick it back up a few days later, when I'm pretty sure I can replace it in about 15 minutes myself. I just might have to take out the old gauge first since they might get a core return for it.

If it comes with a schematic or something of interest to you I'll scan and post it. If not I might try to locate that wire while I have it apart.

My dealer was able to warranty it for me, the bottom half of the screen was starting to turn hazy and hard to see during the day. I'm not 100% sure they will just give me the gauge yet, but I'm hoping so, so that I don't have to pull the boat to them, drop it off, and pick it back up a few days later, when I'm pretty sure I can replace it in about 15 minutes myself. I just might have to take out the old gauge first since they might get a core return for it.

If it comes with a schematic or something of interest to you I'll scan and post it. If not I might try to locate that wire while I have it apart.

I had to replace my Maliview on my 2009 VLX and was very easy. Its all plug and play. You could do it by yourself in half an hour. Is not a bigger issue. I dont Know the way on that panel but I assume is the same as the maliview.

I had to replace my Maliview on my 2009 VLX and was very easy. Its all plug and play. You could do it by yourself in half an hour. Is not a bigger issue. I dont Know the way on that panel but I assume is the same as the maliview.

Good deal, it looks to be pretty straight forward.

I did confirm with my dealer, I just need to pull the old one out, bring it to them and pick up the new one :thumbup: