Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

01 SLxi Monsoon

Hoover

I preferred the ACME 525 to the 515 as it had the extra holeshot in my ol' SLXI. Here are some other posts about props for SLXI's.

Thank you for the links! Huge Help!!

I run the OJ XMP 330 - 13 x 11.5 Cup .09. Should be equivalent to the Acme 525.

Other have run OJ XMP 334 - 13 x 12 .09 Cup & others.

Edit: added my preferred prop.

Edited by wienrdog

I run the OJ XMP 330 - 13 x 11.5 Cup .09. Should be equivalent to the Acme 525.

Other have run OJ XMP 334 - 13 x 12 .09 Cup & others.

Edit: added my preferred prop.

Hey Weinerdog,

Did you try the 334 as well? Why did you choose the 330 instead of the 334? I'm leaning towards the 334.

Doug

Doug,

If you try one and don't care for it you can exchange it..just something to remember rather than agonizing over two props. fyi Eric, from OJ, is great about helping out about this.

Doug,

If you try one and don't care for it you can exchange it..just something to remember rather than agonizing over two props. fyi Eric, from OJ, is great about helping out about this.

Yes, Doug, Eric from OJ is great. He set me up with the 13 x 13 4-blade SS that you used to ride behind YOUR boat on. I think he told me that they don't do stainless anymore.

<small hijack>

Where's your gallery???!!

</small hijack>

:lol::lol:

Initial recommendation of Edwin - even though he selected the 334. If I didn't like it I was going to return it for the 334.

I wanted the extra hole shot of the 330 - I'm a heavier skier. Plus wanted lower pitch in case I loaded it for boarding. It handles 900 lbs of ballast and 7 people at 8.7MPH without any problems. You can surf behind a SSLXi.

We don't cruise at high speed often or for longer distances.

I get right at 3350 RPM for 32MPH. I would lower that 50 - 100 RPM going to the 334. I top out at 43.8 & 4700 RPM.

If Lt. Dan's on here - I believe he has the 334. Hopefully he'll chime in soon. I'm pretty sure he tried both.

Hey...Lt Dan is here...I have both a 515 and a 525. I like the extra hole shot of the 525 and the slower speed pulling for wakeboarding. I don't like all the extra RPMs for slalom. We're a bunch of old guy skiers and we only go up to 34 mph in the course, but it feels like the engine is screaming at that speed. At the end of the day, I'm keeping the 525 on there for now as my ankle is pretty screwed up from a bad spill last fall and I may not be doing much skiing myself this year...more pulling the youngsters at slower speeds and wakeboarding...

Edited by Lieutenant Dan
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone, I decided on the OJ XMP 334, Ordered and received w/in 48 hours! For anybody with this prop, what are the hub numbers on yours. I expected the 13 X 12 and 1 1/8 LH and maybe the .090 for cup, , but it has 13 X 12 VC .65 OJ 1 1/8. Don't know what VC .65 means. Just want to make sure I have the right prop.

Thanks