Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast for 04 Sunsetter XTI 21'

djgoodrich

I am looking to add ballasts to my 04 Sunsetter XTI 21'. Where are the best spots to distribute the weight? Only using the Wedge and body mass currently. We mainly wakeboard, but I am itching to get it set up right for surfing as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

hello dan

My name is Seth-

thought i would reply because there isnt a lot posted on xti's. I have a 05 xti 21-6 and we spend 80 percent of ouR time surfing. I have noticed that any malibu loves 60 40 weight on your selected surf side. Thats 60% in the back and 40% up front. Figure this with your wedge if using it. I can surf rope less for miles on the factory floor bag and wedge with just a driver and a cruiser longer board. The wave is soft and slow, but not bad for stock set up or learning starts off the swim deck.

Now we have use of up to 4 or 5 sacs on either side, and so a boat load of people don't have to be on board for a huge surf or wake board wake. Our set up is- diamond hull, Factory floor sac, and wedge. 2 triangle bow sacs that fit under the seats, or one under one over for surfing. A 50x12x20 stuffed in the hull wall in the hallway. It is piggy backed off factory system. This sac is great for leveling the boat out while keeping the hallway clear, or extra surf weight. I used the plastic sheet from on top of the factory bag to give it some vertical support along with the mesh netting. Finally 2 750lb bags, one is 50x20x20 for in the hallway with the hull bag filled against it. The other sac is a L type that goes from storage back under the rear seats. It can also be turned around if u want, so that the cubed tall end is taking up the back corner seat area.

I was able to get 2 tsunami pumps, 2 bow bags, and the 2 surf sacs for about $700- Found them as factory FLY HIGH FAT SAC seconds on a ebay store- MAXWAKEMAXFUN- There e-mail is [email protected] I think any thing helps when it comes to weight. The more weight up front of the boat the longer and faster the surf wake, and if weighted right a nice pocket to pull you along when your surfing way out. The more weight in the back of the boat the taller, steeper, and shorter the wake, with the pocket almost being the wave, I don;t like these surf wakes so much. I like long dense surf wakes with good rise but not crazy steep. My feet dig in so much on a steep wake that is slows me down.

Hopefully this is helpful, sorry so long.-good luck. Check out Crowley wake and Tommy czeschin on you tube, He is the man! we got a couple boards from him, they are hand made by himself and he is a silver medalist winter olympian. Have fun we love our xti - they rock !

hello dan

My name is Seth-

thought i would reply because there isnt a lot posted on xti's. I have a 05 xti 21-6 and we spend 80 percent of ouR time surfing. I have noticed that any malibu loves 60 40 weight on your selected surf side. Thats 60% in the back and 40% up front. Figure this with your wedge if using it. I can surf rope less for miles on the factory floor bag and wedge with just a driver and a cruiser longer board. The wave is soft and slow, but not bad for stock set up or learning starts off the swim deck.

Now we have use of up to 4 or 5 sacs on either side, and so a boat load of people don't have to be on board for a huge surf or wake board wake. Our set up is- diamond hull, Factory floor sac, and wedge. 2 triangle bow sacs that fit under the seats, or one under one over for surfing. A 50x12x20 stuffed in the hull wall in the hallway. It is piggy backed off factory system. This sac is great for leveling the boat out while keeping the hallway clear, or extra surf weight. I used the plastic sheet from on top of the factory bag to give it some vertical support along with the mesh netting. Finally 2 750lb bags, one is 50x20x20 for in the hallway with the hull bag filled against it. The other sac is a L type that goes from storage back under the rear seats. It can also be turned around if u want, so that the cubed tall end is taking up the back corner seat area.

I was able to get 2 tsunami pumps, 2 bow bags, and the 2 surf sacs for about $700- Found them as factory FLY HIGH FAT SAC seconds on a ebay store- MAXWAKEMAXFUN- There e-mail is [email protected] I think any thing helps when it comes to weight. The more weight up front of the boat the longer and faster the surf wake, and if weighted right a nice pocket to pull you along when your surfing way out. The more weight in the back of the boat the taller, steeper, and shorter the wake, with the pocket almost being the wave, I don;t like these surf wakes so much. I like long dense surf wakes with good rise but not crazy steep. My feet dig in so much on a steep wake that is slows me down.

Hopefully this is helpful, sorry so long.-good luck. Check out Crowley wake and Tommy czeschin on you tube, He is the man! we got a couple boards from him, they are hand made by himself and he is a silver medalist winter olympian. Have fun we love our xti - they rock !

It sounds like you surf mainly on the port side?

ya, my wife and i are both goofy, works well because the boats heavier port side. Thats why put in the wall bag in the hall, for even cruising and wake boarding. We surf both sides though and the wake is the same either way with the bag set we have.