Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiers Pier in Waterford, MI

ridehype4life

I'm looking into ordering an 06 Malibu (probably a V-Ride) and this past weekend visited Skiers Pier in Waterford, MI, the closest Malibu dealer and showroom to where I live; Bloomfield Hills. I spoke with Joe, checked out the boats in the showroom, and even got to demo a couple 06's on Loon Lake. So far a good experience, but want to know if any of you have dealt with this dealer and if you have what your opinions are and what you have experienced.

Thanks for you help and response

Ryde

Joe and the crew at SP will take great care of you. Sp is Michigans number one Bu dealer. Outstanding service department. I rep some gear in the wakeboarding industry and they are always way cool to try new products, all around one of the best BIG shops I deal with.

I just bought 05 V from The Edge down here in Kalamazoo other wise I would gone to SP.

itch

I've been dealing with Skier's Pier since 1988, great people. Don't think you could find a better dealer. I'm on my third Malibu from them and countless $$$ in gear. Any time that I haven't been pleased with service or products they end up taking care of it. Pull the trigger on the boat and the dealer, good luck.

Same experience here. Back in 2000 I nearly bought a Centurion, but get this, couldn't get the dealer to sell me a boat! Best thing that ever happened to me. I walked into Skiers Pier just to see what they had. Joe was the first guy I talked to there. Great guy, no pressure, just let the boats do the talking. I ended up buying a Sunsetter from him.

And the service has always been great. Even when I replaced my Sunsetter with an RLXi I bought off the used market, they have continued to provide me with outstanding service. You wouldn't think that should be a big deal, but if you've been around long enough you know that it is. Some places don't want to give you the time of day if you didn't buy it from them.

I have been a loyal customer since 1996 and am currently in the process of working out a price to order my fifth new Malibu and they are going to help me sell my current boat.

We have purchased 3 boats from Skiers Pier. We have always been pleased with the service we have received from them. Anytime we have had a problem, they have been more that willing to work with us. I would highly recommend them.

I guess I'll be the odd man out here. I have had issues with Skiers Pier. Joe can be some what of an @ss. When I got my boat new I had some issues. It was in the shop 6 times in 60 hrs. One of the times I went to pick up the boat it was after hours. As I took the cover off I noticed the boat was trashed inside. Joe was walking out of the building and I asked him to come over and look. He gave me a bunch of BS. I then tried to talk to him about the problems and he was less than professional. All I wanted were the problems fixed and he said "what you want me to buy it back but in more explicate words.. I was turned off. So each to their own I guess. I sometimes feel they think their better than they are.

I bought my boat from SK and and I was very happy with everything. Unfortunately, they are 2 1/2 hours away, but I didn't have much choice if I wanted to go with Malibu.

I bought my boat from Carl and he was great before and after the sale. Joe has been there a long time and I have heard his post sale support is not the best, but that is only 2nd hand info.

The Koenigs own the dealership and are great to work with. If there were any issues with Joe, I would go straight to the top and I am sure you will be taken care of appropriately.

You're right. I spoke with Joe a couple of times and I thought he was a good guy. There is another long time sales guy there that left for a while and then came back. He sells a lot of boats from what I hear, but he has turned a few people I know off with his person style. It may have been Ron I was thinking of.

Regardless, I was happy with my purchase and support after the sale as I said and would recommend them without hesitation.

I've dealt with them many times and have been pleased. Service wise, I think they are expensive but if you want to give it a go by yourself, they're willing to answer your questions. They're great to by equipment from also. They get my recommendation.

I ordered my 1994 Echelon from Skiers Pier. They were very patient with me as I tried to decide colors etc. I bought the boat from Ron Koenig and he is a great guy. Very personable. He even helped me sell my 1987 Sunsetter. They are about 3.5 hrs away from me but it was worth it. GO FOR IT!

I just again experienced the frustrations with Skiers Pier. I had my boat in for service do the issue of not enough speed. They did all kinds of tests to check for problems like testing valve lashing, timing, etc. It came to be that the prop was bad. They say that the cup was out of the prop? But after running the boat we smelled oil burning. When they put the valve cover back on they pitched the gasket outside and oil was pumping out the cover Mad.gif . I always seem to get these results from them. I wish I had better experiences with them.

Count me as another positive vote for Skiers Pier. We purchased a 2005 VLX from them in April and they went out of their way to get us a great deal! We originally discussed a deal with them in January and then did a little comparison shopping. Once we settled on the 'BU we came back and Ron still honored the deal that we had originally discussed even though I am sure that he could have sold the boat at a higher price since we bought in prime season...

They have been extremely helpful every time that I call to ask questions, etc. They even loaned me a trailer on a few occasions when we wanted to take the boat elsewhere (we live on a lake so we do not need a trailer usually).

I just again experienced the frustrations with Skiers Pier.  I had my boat in for service do the issue of not enough speed.  They did all kinds of tests to check for problems like testing valve lashing, timing, etc. It came to be that the prop was bad.  They say that the cup was out of the prop?  But after running the boat we smelled oil burning.  When they put the valve cover back on they pitched the gasket outside and oil was pumping out the cover Mad.gif .  I always seem to get these results from them.  I wish I had better experiences with them.

What engine do you have, how fast was it, and how fast were you looking for?

No, just want enough speed to do one foot slalom. With the speed it makes the water a bit more firm, so it doesn't feel like your plowing through the water just gliding.

+1 for Skiers Pier. Bought my first boat from them in 97 or so... Mark Gibbs was my salesman. He went on to be a rep out west. After that I bought a couple more from Ron. They are very honest with their work and on their used boats. Good guys! A+