Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

303 for gel tips and tricks!

Every spring I clean THE FIBERGLASS/GEL on my boat with Simple green then do the 303 + Polish + wax trick and it works! I have had some decals on my boat for two years and I decided to take them of this year and you can not tell they had been there!!!!

Here is my step by step process;

1> wash all fiberglass with Simple Green (it removes everything and don't worry, it will look like crap after this)

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING SHOULD ALL BE DONE INDOORS OR IN THE SHADE!!!

2> soak with 303 protectant (yes 303 protectant)

3> Drink one favorite beverage

4> wipe down/hand buff with NEW micro fiber cloth (this is a major PITA as it soaks into the gel and gets gooyey)(get used to it as this method is not easy yet will save HOURS of your time come summer!)

5> Repeat #2

6> Repeat #3

7> Repeat #4

8> Apply favorite brand of Teflon polish

9> Repeat #3

10> Repeat #4 (do not worry, it will be streaky)

11> Repeat #8

12> Repeat #3

13> Repeat #10 (don't worry, it will still be streaky)

14> Apply favorite wax, not cleaner wax. I prefer Eagle One Wet! ( yes I know it is car wax )

15> Repeat #3

16> Repeat #4 (streaks should now be gone)

17> Repeat #3 and admire your hard work as you feel fit. It will look REAL GOOD!

Now you are set for the season!

Tips to maintain;

1> after the first time you go out be sure you wipe the boat down good with a clean towel from the day!

2> do not use any cleaner (ie; vinegar & water etc.) unless you really like repeating the above steps!!

3> Repeat #14 ( this will get rid of any remaining streaks and give it one last "real" coat of wax

4> Carry some sort of detailer/detail wax" in your tow vehicle and spray the wet Boat down with it and,, Repeat "TIP" step #2 EVERY TIME YOU PULL YOUR BOAT OUT!

Edited by Willy