Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Blanket

NorCaliBu

So last week I friend of mine, Doug, (fellow Malibu owner and my most consistent slalom partner) hit a tree while snowboarding. I posted a prayer request for him in the "Christian" thread. His condition is much improved. But I digress.

Last Friday when I logged onto Facebook I saw that Malibu was offering up a one-of-a-kind Malibu Blanket to the person that came up with the best reason why they should have it. Doug's condition was weighing heavily on my heart as he was still in critical condition in ICU so I posted that I needed it to give to him to lift his spirit during his long road to recovery. Well, I just found out that they picked my reason. :clap:

post-45-127112600895_thumb.jpg

Hoping he gets released from the hospital at the end of the week or early next week to come home.

Small world! I was starting to type in my reason as well, then decided that the Transformers logo just wasn't for me. Plus I had no real reason to get what would be to me "just more stuff". So congrats! Hope your buddy pulls thru OK.

Very nice. also glad to hear that Doug is doing better.

Does he have a boat, and if so, what kind?

Doug bought his Sporty LX about a year or so after I bought mine. :biggrin:

awesome!

I thought about saying something like if I didn't get it then a hole would form in space time continuum and a black hole would cause the destruction of mankind... or something along those lines...

anyway, I like your reason better!

Nothing all that new, but Doug's doing well from what I hear. Joe is actually going to be doing his clinical today on that floor of the hospital, so we're hoping to have some first-hand news for you tonight.

This is a prime example of why being in good shape & leading a healthy lifestyle is important. Obviously it's important over the long haul, but in traumatic cases such as this, someone with a lot of co-morbidities more than likely wouldn't have survived. Doug is in great shape & doesn't have any of those things, & it played a big part in why he pulled through. Just something to keep in mind, it's been one thing to inspire me to get my @ss back into the gym. Okay, I'm off my soap box now. :)

Update on Doug....

Joe got to visit with him yesterday & meet his family.....great people, he's got great support. He remembered Doug from Villa Lagos a couple of years ago. What a small world that we live in!

Anyway, the soonest that he'll be able to leave for home will be this weekend. He's doing well & is up, walking around but still has a couple of issues (as of yesterday he still wasn't on solid food). If they say that chicks dig scars, he's going to be popular with the ladies 'cuz he's got a good one! He's bummed about the ski season & what it will do to his course skills, but the good news is that he will make a full recovery & this won't inhibit that at all. Not much more to tell at this point.

Just got a text from Jodie (Doug's wife) and she "said" Doug's parents will be driving him home on Sunday. Absolutely amazing. A week and a half ago his injuries caused the doctors to question the likelyhood of his survival and now just 10 days later he is getting ready to come home.

Tracie - Thank you for the updates and the support.

And thank those doctors for me for putting my buddy back together.

Oh...And thank you Malibu Boats for the blanket. I can't wait to give it to him.

Edited by NorCaliBu