Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

small vibration

board brained

is it normal to have slight vibration just when you come on the throtte and take off. very very minor and is gone after few seconds. I think it has always done this but over a month ago I hit an old dock floating about a foot under the surface. I did some very minor gel coat damage just infront of my front skeg, which has been fixed. Boat has been in and had oil change and "check up" etc with no issues. It runs great but I am always hearing about issues with vibrations and damage that can cause, and i want no part of that........ :) .

I think it is just a normal action of the prop hooking up and driving the boat forward.......but I am a nervous owner and make sure i have not overlooked somethign from hitting the dock.....

comments?

Feel it in the helm? If so, it could be a normal vibration from the rudder. The prop wash flows over the rudder causing it to vibrate and I think some newer boats have weight cast in the tiller to take care of this. I have thought about taking a heavy weight and zip tying it the the tiller temporary like......just to see if it goes away. If it works, I will find a more permanent solution.

Feel it in the helm? If so, it could be a normal vibration from the rudder. The prop wash flows over the rudder causing it to vibrate and I think some newer boats have weight cast in the tiller to take care of this. I have thought about taking a heavy weight and zip tying it the the tiller temporary like......just to see if it goes away. If it works, I will find a more permanent solution.

:plus1: Mine does the same thing.

With the boat on the trailer grab the rudder with your hand and try to wiggle it. If it wiggles then that is most likely your vibration. If that is the case then grease your rudder port and the vibration will most likely go away. :thumbup: Worked for me. :yes: