Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hydraulic Sundeck Lift

I'm now the proud owner of a '99 Sunsetter VLX! My first of many questions is how do you quiet down the hydraulic arm that raises the sundeck? It's very loud and sounds like it's working WAY too hard. Is there a way to lube these things? The boat was sitting for a few years before I bought it.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks Jeff. What kind of grease do you use? Is it bearing grease or what? I'm sooooo lost. Crazy.gif

And on a side note, how does the speed adjust togle on the dash work? I've held mine up and down, and the reading on the speedometer doesn't change. Is it broken or am I doing it wrong?

Yeah mine will make a growling type of noise once in a while, but only when lowering the sundeck. It doesn't happen all the time though.

I just use the marine axle grease that I use in the bearing buddies.

As for your speedo adjust, make sure the pitot select switch is all the way to one side. This will select only one pitot. If it's in the middle selection then it takes the highest of the two pitot's to show on your speedo. Then, when the pitot select switch is set to only one pitot, use the speedo adjust to correct the speedo. If it still won't move the speedo up or down, then I would say the adjust switch is not working.

Thanks for all the info. I'll grease up the lift and see if it works better. And I guess if the speedo adjuster is broken, then I'll just have to get Perfect Pass. Biggrin.gif