Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perhaps dumb question

Dave@LakeAnna

Would love it if someone could point me in the direction of the front ballast fill (bow) on the 247. The drain pump is in front of the front hard sac and the fill hose feeds in from the front, but before I go pulling panels off was hoping someone could save me some time. Thanks!

Would love it if someone could point me in the direction of the front ballast fill (bow) on the 247. The drain pump is in front of the front hard sac and the fill hose feeds in from the front, but before I go pulling panels off was hoping someone could save me some time. Thanks!

There are two screws holding down the kick plate in the walk thru. The screws are on either side on the top. The fill I believe is right on the other side of this kick plate on the back of the hard tank.

Good Luck!

I pulled the kick plate and the only pump there is the drain pump, I am trying to track down the fill - and it is not obvious unfortunately, at least not to me!

I pulled the kick plate and the only pump there is the drain pump, I am trying to track down the fill - and it is not obvious unfortunately, at least not to me!

I see the confusion my first post created, what I called the front was actually the flat side of the triangle sac, the part closest to the middle of the boat - and the only ballast pump I found is the one behind the kick plate. Anyone know where the other one is?

Thanks again!

I see the confusion my first post created, what I called the front was actually the flat side of the triangle sac, the part closest to the middle of the boat - and the only ballast pump I found is the one behind the kick plate. Anyone know where the other one is?

Thanks again!

I assume it is in the walkway hatch where the fill pump for the mid tank is. At least that is where I am installing my fill pump for the front tank as the wires are already there.

I assume it is in the walkway hatch where the fill pump for the mid tank is. At least that is where I am installing my fill pump for the front tank as the wires are already there.

I didn't even think to look there as the hose runs out of the front of the hard tank, but makes sense. Will check as soon as I get home, thanks for the insight - told you it was probably a dumb question!!!