Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

03 ws 23 lsv

cmb

I recently purchased an 03 WS 23LSV. When searching for the right boat, I went out with a local dealer in a new Moomba; seemed like a nice boat but I was not impressed with the moomba cruise control, It didn't operate well at low speeds or in turns. The dealer actually warned me against purchasing the 03 21LSV because he said the hull design was bad for perfect pass, however when I test drove the boat (which I ended up buying) it worked great,,, much much better than the moomba. Was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what the name of hull is I've bought and give a little history on any issues with the design? We've been out in it twice, surfing and wakeboarding; so far we love the boat, no complaints!

I recently purchased an 03 WS 23LSV. When searching for the right boat, I went out with a local dealer in a new Moomba; seemed like a nice boat but I was not impressed with the moomba cruise control, It didn't operate well at low speeds or in turns. The dealer actually warned me against purchasing the 03 21LSV because he said the hull design was bad for perfect pass, however when I test drove the boat (which I ended up buying) it worked great,,, much much better than the moomba. Was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what the name of hull is I've bought and give a little history on any issues with the design? We've been out in it twice, surfing and wakeboarding; so far we love the boat, no complaints!

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Thank goodness you didn't buy from that guy.

Anyway, welcome to the site, you'll find all the answers you could possibly need.

You could look at this page to find general specifications. But, basically, there's two types of hulls...the "diamond" (for good ski wake) and the "non-diamond" later called the "wake" hull. (for large/r wake)

MalibuNation

I have a 03 21LSV ... with no problems with the Perfect Pass ... that guy sounds like a dumb donkey ... I'll look your hull up tonight ... I'm guessing it's a Fakesetter.

EDIT: Welcome!

Edited by MalibuNation
  • 2 weeks later...

If you look at the specs page you will see that all pre-04 lsv's of any stripe (wakesetter, sunscape, or escape) were on the same (diamond) hull.

We have had our 03 Ws 23LSV for three years now. Love it love it love it!

IIRC, there were some problems with the pre '04 23 LSV's (Diamond hulls) and the paddle wheel location not getting a good clean stream of water passing over the paddle wheel. Perfect Pass offered an extended paddle wheel for a while but I don't know if it really fixed the problem. I don't recall the 21' LSV having that problem.