Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A good day.

nemalibu

Took her out.

Started her up.

Changed the impeller (loving the new impeller puller).

After some cleaning and waxing she will be ready to go.

I can't wait to ski and ride.

Got ours in the water yesterday, just a quick test run to be sure my rudder rebuild is dry (it is...yay). My sons are skiing today. I know this to be true because everything is on the kitchen table. Where else would 2 skis, 4 wetsuits, a stack of towels, a heating pad, portable inverter, ski vests, 2 sets of tow ropes, one wakeboard, gloves, 4 packs of hotfingers, and some thermoses be. Just what my beautiful bride and I found when we got home late from the wedding last night. "Huh" she said... "guess you guys are skiing tomorrow".

If anyone needs a tow - truly - we'll be on Little Muskego Lake at about 1pm today. I'm not set up with ballast, so riders won't find my rig very fun. But skiers - anyone nearby needs a tow, just let me know. No course in the water, but great practice anyway. Seriously. Happy to pull you around the lake and sorry for the short notice. Air temp 61, water temp is 50. Winds out of the east at 6. Beautiful bright sunshine.

martinarcher

Got ours in the water yesterday, just a quick test run to be sure my rudder rebuild is dry (it is...yay). My sons are skiing today. I know this to be true because everything is on the kitchen table. Where else would 2 skis, 4 wetsuits, a stack of towels, a heating pad, portable inverter, ski vests, 2 sets of tow ropes, one wakeboard, gloves, 4 packs of hotfingers, and some thermoses be. Just what my beautiful bride and I found when we got home late from the wedding last night. "Huh" she said... "guess you guys are skiing tomorrow".

If anyone needs a tow - truly - we'll be on Little Muskego Lake at about 1pm today. I'm not set up with ballast, so riders won't find my rig very fun. But skiers - anyone nearby needs a tow, just let me know. No course in the water, but great practice anyway. Seriously. Happy to pull you around the lake and sorry for the short notice. Air temp 61, water temp is 50. Winds out of the east at 6. Beautiful bright sunshine.

Glad to hear your rudder is dry as well. Mine turned out great too. Thumbup.gif I'll have to post up some pics. Betwen you and I we should have Malibu rudder info covered from 86-94. :lol:

Glad to hear your rudder is dry as well. Mine turned out great too. Thumbup.gif I'll have to post up some pics. Betwen you and I we should have Malibu rudder info covered from 86-94. :lol:

Awesome to hear your rudder repair is good to go. I'm interested to see your rudder...just to know how it's different. Congrats on the solid rebuild.

Drain the coolant, load her up and hit the lake!!

Wish I had the time. "Life" has hit us hard the past few weeks. Now the whole family is in bed sick. Except me, I'm at working while sick.

martinarcher

Wish I had the time. "Life" has hit us hard the past few weeks. Now the whole family is in bed sick. Except me, I'm at working while sick.

No worries. I totally understand. The Bu will be there when your all ready to go!

martinarcher

Awesome to hear your rudder repair is good to go. I'm interested to see your rudder...just to know how it's different. Congrats on the solid rebuild.

Thanks man. I'll have to pull the laptop out on the plane to Australia tonight (20 hours Ughh) and put together a how-to with the pics so others can benefit from it. i took many pics thinking that many of the older bu owners could benefit from my project. I was hesitant to start the project, but after seeing some pics of someone else's work it certainly helps to inspire you to dive in. Thumbup.gif

8 friends and family (and dog) on the water for an amazing first day boarding. Water was 65 with 75-80 air temp. No wet suits, just smiles. I can't beleive how big the LSV wake is with full ballest and the wedge! It's going to take a few more weekends to get used to being thrown across the lake. Tried surfing with only 3 people onboard saturday evening and it was alright, now that I've seen the wake from 60+ feet i think my addiction is back after 6 years off the wagon.

I got out yesterday, first run of the season. The only bad part was putting the wedge down (no access door). No idea on the water temp, the good ol' computron was reading 122 degrees...perfect. Air was like 68 or so, the water is no longer painful. Shocking, yes, but no instant pain and hypothermia. Did a dock start and some pretty conservative jumps. Plowed under at the end just because.

It was funny, hanging off the swim platform while the Bu is on the lift so I can deploy the wedge. Kids are laughing at me. I just kept saying "There is no spoon. There is no spoon." Mind over matter baby, turned it into a good day!

I now ask myself why I spent so many years behind an I/O when I could have been behind a Malibu. The anwer is becouse the I/O was free. I have had my sunsetter in the water a couple of times but got to ride for the first time on Saturday. Air 77 water 60 no crowd 3 of us boarded and it was great. I forgot how well these boats handle and I am so glad I have been reading this site becouse I never would have thought of turning slowly to pick up your rider. This works great but will take some getting used to. On the old I/O you dont want to come off a plane. With youth soccer and other activities it will be another couple of weeks before we get out again. I cant wait.

martinarcher

I now ask myself why I spent so many years behind an I/O when I could have been behind a Malibu. The anwer is becouse the I/O was free. I have had my sunsetter in the water a couple of times but got to ride for the first time on Saturday. Air 77 water 60 no crowd 3 of us boarded and it was great. I forgot how well these boats handle and I am so glad I have been reading this site becouse I never would have thought of turning slowly to pick up your rider. This works great but will take some getting used to. On the old I/O you dont want to come off a plane. With youth soccer and other activities it will be another couple of weeks before we get out again. I cant wait.

My dad grew up driving an I/O and it took quite a bit of scolding to get him to learn the slow turn. After you do it a couple times you realize it's faster, and better in every way!