Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Half throttle, boat turns right

RanchDweller

Another new fish question. After about 1/2 throttle the boat will turn right pertty hard if you let go of the steering wheel. The faster you go, and you let go of the wheel, the faster the wheel will turn right. Not a slow right, it is almost as hard as going back to pick up a skiier. The boat is not pulling to the right if you hold the wheel, it drives very nice. It stays straight with a minimal touch of the wheel. I read somewhere that the boats would always pull to the right. Is this normal. Everthing looks good with the prop, rudder, and steering. The boat is a 2002 Sportster. Thanks.

After using the search button, it sounds like everthing is normal. Let me know if you think otherwise. Thanks.

Edited by RanchDweller

I don't know if you have the tab on your rudder if you do you can adjust it to get a more neutral drive.

It helps keep the boat from drifting in the course. Its by design.

Most likely normal, you might see if you can get someone with some ski course experience to take your boat for a spin and get thier opinion. If you think it is too much, and you do not have the adjustable rudder tab, the solution is to grind a bit from the rudder. If you plan to use the boat in the course, I would certainly hold off before you spend some time in the ski course as you will then realize why they are set up this way, it makes them much easier to hold a straight path in the course. You might look for some grind marks on your rudder, probably on the right side or ask the former owner if they tuned the rudder.

Another new fish question. After about 1/2 throttle the boat will turn right pertty hard if you let go of the steering wheel. The faster you go, and you let go of the wheel, the faster the wheel will turn right. Not a slow right, it is almost as hard as going back to pick up a skiier. The boat is not pulling to the right if you hold the wheel, it drives very nice. It stays straight with a minimal touch of the wheel. I read somewhere that the boats would always pull to the right. Is this normal. Everthing looks good with the prop, rudder, and steering. The boat is a 2002 Sportster. Thanks.

After using the search button, it sounds like everthing is normal. Let me know if you think otherwise. Thanks.

Uh-oh...someone just admitted to power turning :fingerwag:

J/K :)