Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need a wedge...HELP!!!

Sechondeez

At the end of last season one of my buddies was driving a wakesurfer and got into real shallow water thereby killing the prop and wedge. I got a new prop but can't find a wedge.

I've got a 98 sunsetter and don't want to upgrade to the hydraulic wedge. Although I don't really wakeboard with the wedge, I can't wakesurf without it! Anyone want to sell theirs/know where I can buy one? The season is crankin up and I'm running out of options. Help!

Paul

At the end of last season one of my buddies was driving a wakesurfer and got into real shallow water thereby killing the prop and wedge. I got a new prop but can't find a wedge.

I've got a 98 sunsetter and don't want to upgrade to the hydraulic wedge. Although I don't really wakeboard with the wedge, I can't wakesurf without it! Anyone want to sell theirs/know where I can buy one? The season is crankin up and I'm running out of options. Help!

Paul

surfing in shallow water reduces the size of the wake and in your case, apparently to zero.

What parts do you need, foil, arms, mounting plate...all of the above?

good luck, you may have to go with the floating wedge if you can't find a stock one.

Yeah, the goal wasn't to surf in shallow water, the driver just wasn't paying attention.

I just need the foil/arms setup. The mounting brackets are in fine shape, but the actual foil got ripped completely off and the arms are bent to hell.

It's the flat plate. I would consider the throwing the "V" shaped on there. I heard it doesn't throw quite the size or wake up for wakesurfing, but is a better shape when wakeboarding.

I might be able to fix the arms at a welding shop, but they are pretty far gone, so if at all possible I'd like to get the arms and foil. Thanks for the help.

Keep an eye out on CG, The Crew and Ebay.

You can't upgrade the PW, which is what I beleive you ment by hydraulic wedge. Malibu no longer makes the fixed wedge style only the floating wedge thought, you might be able to convert a floating wedge to work to mate up to your wedge bracket.

I have owned four bu's over the years. All of the except for my latest Blue Thunder (you better believe I am knocking on wood at the moment) have had driver induced wedge issues. The first time i bent the wedge i was told it would be months before i could expect a new one. At birth God Slapped me on the butt and said i am removing the words no, cant, will not, not going too, from your vocabulary (unless dealing with a lady of course). Therefore after hearing this news i began calling every malibu dealer in the country in an attempt to locate a wedge. I did within three phone calls. Get out the google search bar and the phone monday and start dialing for a wedge! That is what i did and it worked for me as i found a wedge that monday morning and had it in hand by that thursday. All the while being told no way it would be months.

The wedge is a magnificent wake enhancement device. we use ours often. so when this happened i learned a valuable lesson. buy a spare set of actuators and if you can find a spare wedge. some may say that is over kill but i have been at this a while and i have learned to repair just about anything that can ruin your weekend. IE bent prop, busted wedge actuator, stereo issues etc.

Party On Wayne!!!!Rockon.gif Good Luck in your quest.